S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   I Need Help (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/i-need-help-42428/)

award78 12-19-2007 01:46 PM

I Need Help

Hey guys I am seriously sick of my car. I just replaced my tension rods (with megans, I know I'm on a budjet), left outer tie rod, rotors and pads on all four corners, 4 new tires, and my horn just to get this **** thing inspected. Oh yeah, $80 alignment as well. However, $1k later I now have a violent wheel shake when making hard left turns. It sounds and feels like its coming from the front left wheel and only happens when when I'm turning hard to the left. Right turns are smooth at all speeds. If it's over 55-60 mph it gets violent and causes me to slow down. These are corners that I cant take much faster than 65 or 70 anyway but still, it feels like my car's going to fall apart.

This ever happen to anyone? I'm seriously considering selling this peice of S**AAAAAAAT and trading it in on a brand new KIA. Not really but I'm really pissed off.

Tomorrow I'll take it to the garage that mounted my tires just to make sure that they actually balanced the one.

also anyone have megan tension rods, are they supposed to be this loud. Sounds like I'm riding on rims. Loud thud on every small bump.

jramosthe1st! 12-19-2007 03:11 PM

sounds like a bad wheel bearing to me. if the new tires were balanced and installed properly along with the alignment you shouldn't have the shaking like you do.

ryguy 12-19-2007 09:48 PM

I second the bent / misbalanced wheel.

award78 12-20-2007 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 348437)
sounds like a bad wheel bearing to me. if the new tires were balanced and installed properly along with the alignment you shouldn't have the shaking like you do.

The mechanic did say that the hub was slightly bent but was still passed alignment Inspection, maybe that includes the bearing. I really don't want to replace that, I just paid for an alignment.

award78 12-20-2007 11:32 AM

mechanic says everything is good except struts are worn. He didn't say it was a blown strut just worn. Anybody ever experience the symptoms of worn shocks/struts?

k_wakasugi 12-20-2007 11:39 AM

Anybody ever experience the symptoms of worn shocks/struts?
only about every time i drive my car :p.

...sorry, that's no help.

jramosthe1st! 12-20-2007 01:05 PM

excessive vibration is a symptom i a bad shock or strut.

NiSmO Knight 12-21-2007 03:40 PM

I would suggest jacking up the front end of your car, set it down on some jack stands and then grab the rim at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock. Wiggle it in and out with each hand going opposite directions (i.e. upper hand pulls, lower hand pushes.) If the rim has significant play, that may be part of your problem. As for worn shocks, it should not cause excessive vibrations on hard turns... but that's my personal experience... they may make the car bobble like you have blown shocks, but shouldnt make the wheel feel like theres that much shaking. Have you checked tie rods and control arms etc? They may look fine to the naked eye, but they may be bent enough to cause your problem.

EDIT: You may also want to double check those Megan tension rods, as they are notorious for crapping out VERY fast as many members have mentioned.