S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   im getting FLEXed (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/im-getting-flexed-22210/)

2fast4y0u 04-26-2005 07:44 PM

im getting FLEXed

thats right, on thursday im getting my tein Flex installed. cant wait. i will be making a 150 mile trip on firday and my old
" suspension " is/was horrible.(factory shocks and struts with sleeve overs). this might be a real stupid question but is there any "break in" period for new suspension? i just spent a butt load of money on this setup and dont want it to get screwed up is all.

also if anyone can shed some light on a comfortable ride number for the flex that would be cool

Thanks,
Jay

toycar 04-27-2005 01:01 AM

read the instructions that came with it. i know you have to leave it at a certain damper for a hundred miles or so until u can change the damper(otherwise u might blow them). and the higherr the setting, the less stiff it will be.

KeN VeRsUs RyU 04-27-2005 03:42 AM

I just installed mine about 2 weeks ago but i haven't driven it all that much.

I made the mistake of setting the damper to 0 (hardest) for about the first twenty five miles and drove it hard for about a mile.. and my friend started yelling at me telling me i had to break it in so that the oils in the shocks can get used to the travel or something like that. I told him i wasn't all that impressed with the flex's at 0 and he replied that they should eventually get stiffer so break it in. I reset the damper to 8 and it felt the same. My car sits real low so everytime i took a right turn or hit a bump, the left wheel would rub the inside of the fender lining.

200 miles later and it feels a tad bit stiffer still at 8. the tire doesn't rub the fender at all (same height) and i drive it pretty moderately. I think i'll wait another 300 miles or the next time i refuel until i change the damper. Hopefully i haven't broke it or anything.

Read the manual. If you spin the damper control all the way to zero it should feel like half a click. Spin it back a tiny bit until you hear a full click and that is zero(i think).. at least that's what my friend told me. I'm waiting for my RUCA so i can do my alignment. Sorry for the long reply.

2fast4y0u 04-27-2005 10:47 AM

thanks for the help guys...im gald i asked that questions beacuse i would have been screwed.

i will let you know if i have anymore questions
Thanks again

JDMxDrift 04-28-2005 01:36 PM

Raine has flexes on his S14. Maybe he can let his information ... Rain ... down upon you. Hahahahaha :D

....Stupid

bottombunk 04-28-2005 06:27 PM

i put mine on a little while back. i set it at the highest then set it to midway. ive been riding like this the whole time. the only reason i went to the highest then back was to make sure it was set midway. try driving this way for a while then mess woth it. i personally like them. but im doing the megan coilovers on my s13 if i keep it.

Levi SPL S14 04-29-2005 02:47 AM

well hmmm breakin(for wimps)?

I installed my and went to a drift event the next day.

They were on the stiffest setting and still are, they are holding up well to the abuse i give them.

2fast4y0u 04-29-2005 08:05 AM

well i must stay the flex is the way to go. i lvoe the ride quality and there is no popping or creeking.

the only set back so far is the raod noise increase. but that just means i turn my music up higher.

Thanks everyone.

Levi SPL S14 04-29-2005 01:40 PM

Yes turn up the music and enjoy the ride!!

l2aine 04-30-2005 12:18 PM

Originally posted by LandHo_S13
well hmmm breakin(for wimps)?

I installed my and went to a drift event the next day.

They were on the stiffest setting and still are, they are holding up well to the abuse i give them.

But don't you have JICs? LOL

Anyhoo - had my Flex for about a year now... and I pretty much use 3 settings depending on where I'm driving:

00f/02r freeway onramps, touge, etc.
15f/17r surface streets, daily driving
30f/31r freeway driving

BTW this is with the EDFC, so if you want non-EDFC numbers, just divide by 2. Also, I'm sitting about 63'' from top of fender to the ground, so your results may vary. :thumb:

KeN VeRsUs RyU 05-03-2005 11:11 AM

I heard that if you change your edfc setting while your driving, you can ruin it in the long run. My friend told me that you should let the oils settle to the new setting for at least a couple of minutes (at a standstill) or you'll ruin the shock travel and eventually ruin your shocks more than you would if you let it sit for a minute or so. Any truth to this?

Levi SPL S14 05-03-2005 11:21 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
But don't you have JICs? LOL
FOOL i had HAD HAD!!!!!

NO IM TEIN SUPER STIFF HAHAHAH THE POWER!!!!

2fast4y0u 05-03-2005 11:24 AM

all i have to say is after 5 days of having the FLEX system im damn impressed. the ability to handle my car when i need to is a great thing.
not to mention the drifting part of it is great.

l2aine 05-03-2005 07:03 PM

Originally posted by 2fast4y0u
all i have to say is after 5 days of having the FLEX system im damn impressed. the ability to handle my car when i need to is a great thing.
not to mention the drifting part of it is great.

welcome to the club lol

2fast4y0u 05-06-2005 11:03 AM

ok...well i have followed the instructions that i got with the FLEX. i drove approx. 450 miles on the setting they said to be on. now can i go to town and adjust it any way i want?

in the book it says go 8 clicks counter clock wise from factory spot(all the way clockwise, hardest setting) to standard values. thats it.