Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Lowering springs

Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
If you're gonna cheap out and not buy shocks just cut the damn springs.
Done and Done.
I never said I wasn't going to buy shocks, I just don't want to spend a grand + for something I don't exactly need. I just assumed that a good set of shocks and a good set of lowering springs would do about the same thing, but i guess I'll just spend the extra for a set of coil overs.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

lol you dont really need coilovers. Stig, among others, would even argue that coilovers are too rigid for an unbraced chassis. But, might I point out, the Stance coilovers have a rubber upper mount, so theyre not as stiff as others. They are halfway decent riding too. Plus with coilovers you can go WAY lower than lowering springs will let you, plus the height is fully adjustable. They're probably less than $300 more than shock/spring too. I mean not to say that a good shock/strut combo is a bad thing.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 AM

lol you dont really need coilovers. Stig, among others, would even argue that coilovers are too rigid for an unbraced chassis. But, might I point out, the Stance coilovers have a rubber upper mount, so theyre not as stiff as others. They are halfway decent riding too. Plus with coilovers you can go WAY lower than lowering springs will let you, plus the height is fully adjustable. They're probably less than $300 more than shock/spring too. I mean not to say that a good shock/strut combo is a bad thing.
I gotcha. We'll see I've never really done any road racing. I'm a straight line guy. I may hit some curves and get hooked. Who knows. I'll check out the stance coil overs.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

If you just want to have fun on a technical type course you should check out your local autocross.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 AM

If you just want to have fun on a technical type course you should check out your local autocross.
They actually do an scca deal once a month on sunday about 8 miles from here in a old baseball stadium parking lot. The only downside is that I have to work sundays.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:40 PM

k-sport coilovers aren't that bad eather. k-sports are $795 shipped and they ride pretty nice if you adjust to soft
Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

Before you buy Ksports do a little research on them. I have seen a lot of threads with people who own Ksports bashing them. I have never heard one morose word about the Stances, and Megan seems to be good now too. Thats not to say that there arent people who are happy with their Ksports.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 AM

Before you buy Ksports do a little research on them. I have seen a lot of threads with people who own Ksports bashing them. I have never heard one morose word about the Stances, and Megan seems to be good now too. Thats not to say that there arent people who are happy with their Ksports.
i heard megans were *****. i guess they finally came around, but anywho, best thing is just save for coils don't was money on spring/struts.

Last edited by Iwanta nismo; 09-26-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member

check out KBEE and MAX both coilovers under 1000

dope.

real quality ****.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by 92nissan
I never said I wasn't going to buy shocks, I just don't want to spend a grand + for something I don't exactly need. I just assumed that a good set of shocks and a good set of lowering springs would do about the same thing, but i guess I'll just spend the extra for a set of coil overs.
you change one thing, you need to change the other. you will be changing a lot of stuff once you're doing your suspension. suggest to you to save up more money. you don't want to go cheap with suspension because it will cost more in the end.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

^This has already been established a long time ago.