S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   questions about coilovers (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/questions-about-coilovers-39000/)

LCbmw97 04-27-2007 03:31 PM

questions about coilovers

I have a quick question.

Is there any coilovers available for the s13 chassis that offer more then just a 1 way adjustably (rebound), more or less like 2, 3 and 4 way adjustable struts for the coilovers.

motegineon 04-27-2007 06:46 PM

most are 16-32 way, i duno what ones uve been looking at..

LCbmw97 04-27-2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by motegineon (Post 314414)
most are 16-32 way, i duno what ones uve been looking at..

Umm. i dont think so, you are probally talking about the settings on the coilovers.

I am talking about the adjustably of the coilovers; 1 way (Rebound), 2 way (Compression, Rebound), 3 way (Low speed Compression, High speed Compression, Rebound), and 4 way (High/low speed Compression and High/low speed Rebound)

motegineon 04-27-2007 10:17 PM

ok my bad, i thought u were talkin bout dampening

AZdrifterS13 04-28-2007 02:55 AM

i havent seen any. you might have to get them custom made. are you doing some serious racing or what?

LCbmw97 04-28-2007 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by motegineon (Post 314433)
ok my bad, i thought u were talkin bout dampening

its cool.

yeah i really have only seen 1 way adjustable coilovers available, kinda hoping there was 2 and 3 ways somewhere available.

CharlesJ 04-30-2007 01:12 PM

KW V3 is a good 2 way for the money. Great for the club racer. Moton makes some super high end set up to 4 way. Once you are in the Moton range though, most will make you custom sets such as koni, JRZ, sachs, ohlin, etc

We will be using a custom set of JRZ 2 ways on the club240 project car

LCbmw97 04-30-2007 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ (Post 314768)
KW V3 is a good 2 way for the money. Great for the club racer. Moton makes some super high end set up to 4 way. Once you are in the Moton range though, most will make you custom sets such as koni, JRZ, sachs, ohlin, etc

We will be using a custom set of JRZ 2 ways on the club240 project car

Yeah i saw those and they are very big in the bmw world. i was just wondering if other companies had anything, i really just want 2 ways. i want to make a track car out of the 240 and i dont think 1 way will do the trick.

CharlesJ 04-30-2007 02:55 PM

Stance makes a 3 way, but I have my doubts about them. I am pretty confident that a properly tuned KW setup could out perform them. You can also choose custom spring rates and valving for the KW.

Unless you step up to the super high dollar stuff, thats about it for options. I know because we had to research this heavily for the time attack project.

You are right though, 1 ways are just always a compromise and will never be able to be fine tuned

LCbmw97 04-30-2007 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ (Post 314781)
Stance makes a 3 way, but I have my doubts about them. I am pretty confident that a properly tuned KW setup could out perform them. You can also choose custom spring rates and valving for the KW.

Unless you step up to the super high dollar stuff, thats about it for options. I know because we had to research this heavily for the time attack project.

You are right though, 1 ways are just always a compromise and will never be able to be fine tuned

thanks for the help.

yeah i have 1 ways on my coilovers for the bmw and its a great street set up just with race spring rates, too bad the 2 way set up cost about a grand more. but yeah it is very hard to get them right especially with the koni adjustable (non click type)

ill have to look into more about the KW for the 240...

thanks for the help agina..