S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   s14 footwork: current setup and future plans, DD and autox (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/s14-footwork-current-setup-future-plans-dd-autox-43058/)

Enlefo 02-20-2008 04:38 PM

s14 footwork: current setup and future plans, DD and autox

So I'm gettin close to getting my footwork done. Thought I'd get some feedback on how to finish things up.
So far I've got Tein Flex coils with EDFC, SPL front tension rods, nismo power brace, poly steering rack bushings, peak performance rear toe rods and camber arms, poly subframe spacers and cheapo ebay FSTB and RSTB. For brakes I've got 300z calipers up front with SP slotted rotors, Hawk HP+ pads and SS lines all around.

I really love how much the handling has improved VS the stock suspension. I can't believe how well the car goes through corners up in the hills.... I just installed the EDFC Sunday and it's totally gangster.
Here's what I would like to improve. Less body roll and more responsive steering.

I'm debating now on what to do with sway bars. I've got an SE so it has stock bars, not sure if I should get front and rear or just get the front and go poly bushings on the rear. Thinking either whiteline and swift. Dunno if the swift's are worth the price. Also, is anyone running endlinks? I also think I may lower the car a little more, I currently am running the stock settings that Tein recommends... I don't wanna lose all my ground clearance so maybe just a tad more up front. Anyone else with flex's on an s14 have any recommendations?
I think I'll get some SPL tie rods to tighten up the steering, dunno if it would be worth it to get a new steering rack as well.
Then maybe some front fender braces and quality STB's. I am pretty happy with the braking performance but I have yet to get my car onto the track. I am thinking doing the z32 rears + MS when I install an LSD will be a pretty convenient time. Not sure if I'm gonna go VLSD or try and get an s15 helical. I may hold off on this til I swap in an s14 sr but I reaaallly want two wheel drive and I don't think I'll have the $$ for SR as soon as I'd like.

As listed in the subject, this car is my DD, I like to take it up into the hills with my friends and I am gonna start doing solo2 this spring. What do you guys think?

award78 10-15-2008 01:55 PM

I think if you play around with your alignment specs you can get a little more steering response out of your setup. Specifically toe in/out has a lot to do with response, search around for some setups. Sounds like you have the right parts. I have an SE and I'm not really impressed with the stock sway bars, I might end up getting the whitelines.

Let me know if you replace the steering rack, if it helps. I think mine might be a little worn and have some vibration in corners.

Oh how do you like your brake setup? I have some aluminum z32s I havn't installed yet. Do any solo yet?

My setup:
stance gt+ coilovers, cusco rucas/FSTB, spl rear toe rods and alum subframe spacers, steering rack bushings, megan front tension rods (i know money was tight when I needed them for inspection).

Biggamehit 10-16-2008 01:31 AM

^^ do you do any auto-x or drifting events

i was a Washington DC region Scca memeber and drove in lots of other clubs also.

award78 11-10-2008 09:57 AM

Me? No not yet. My car wasn't ready this year but hopefully next year.

Biggamehit 11-10-2008 10:27 AM

that's not good man.... lots of mods with auto-x means you will be outclassed.

you are aware as long as your car doesn't leak, you can race with ANYTHING you have. I wish i would not have had that "my car is not ready" syndrome. i would have even more seat time under me if i had become an scca member sooner

well keep us posted bro