S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Wheel Gap Issues/Lowering Springs (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/wheel-gap-issues-lowering-springs-47235/)

Clarke240 03-31-2011 09:31 PM

Wheel Gap Issues/Lowering Springs

Just a few questions about lowering my 240 on lowering springs. First of all, Im not going with coilovers, simply because I dont have the money nor the patience to save up the money, so please dont include that into the answer. I just look like Im riding around in a boosted 4 wheeler and Im not content with that.
So, I have 17" Enkei wheels and 45 series tires. After the install my car looks ridiculously high. Im talking nearly 4 inches of wheel gap in the front and 3 in the rear. Im looking at a set of Eibach Sportline Springs which are a 2.2" drop in the front and 2.1" in the rear. My question is, is it actually only going to lessen the wheel gap by 2.2/2.1 inches or because I have an upgraded wheel size will the gap be closer than that? A friend of mine, which I dont fully trust on this issue, said the drop is based on stock wheel size and that the wheel gap will be closed by more than the 2.2 inches described. That didnt make sense to me.
And in your guys opinion, are the Sportlines the lowest springs you can buy or are there lower alternatives? The lower the better. And I wont be auto x'ing or drifting on the track often so ride quality isnt a huge concern of mine. Just want to dump it as low as I can on springs.
All comments and opinions will be appreciated.

zenkislider 04-01-2011 08:43 AM

if there is a 4 inch gap up front, after the springs are installed there will be a 1.8 inch gap. Same thing with the rear 3 inches - 2.1...so .9 inches. Thats if the springs actually drop that much the numbers usually arent dead on. The wheel size has nothing to do with how much the chassis will actually be dropped.

P.S get coilovers. lol

Clarke240 04-01-2011 01:08 PM

Actually I posted I didnt want to hear anything about coilovers on here, then I talked to my buddy at JEI and I can get used coilovers from one of their japanese shipments for $350. Problem solved. Just have to mix and match the front and rear. JIC on the rear and Nismo on the front or a combination like that. I wouldnt think that would be a huge deal.

zenkislider 04-01-2011 05:14 PM

make sure the spring rates match

zenkislider 04-01-2011 08:42 PM

Fronts normally 8 and rear is 6. Didnt mean match, but match each other..

Clarke240 04-02-2011 01:45 PM

I think they are JIC Magic in the rear and HKS in the front but I dont know the details of them off the top of my head. Would it make a huge difference if they were different on different sides of the car?

crazydrifter 04-03-2011 12:58 PM

if your willing to spend $350 to lower your car then just save and get either tein or stance basics. you will be WAY happier and your car will ride WAY smoother.

If your going to do it... do it right!