S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   WhiteLine or Tanabe? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/whiteline-tanabe-36734/)

S13NismoStyle 01-06-2007 05:27 PM

WhiteLine or Tanabe?

Hi, I was looking at upgrading my front and rear sway bars on my S13. I trying to decide between Tanabe Sustec and Whiteline. I know that whiteline are adjustable which is a big plus, but the endlinks arent that great.

So besides adjustability, how do the whitelines compare to the Tanabes. Are they as stiff or stiffer? I know that the tanabes are hollow which means lighter than the whitelines. The tanabes front swaybar is a slightly larger diameter bar as well.

So any info would be greatly appreciated. Im leaning more towards the Whitelines due to the adjustability, but I would like to know how they compare? thanks

Ayuaddict 01-06-2007 11:07 PM

if the tanabes are hollow that would mean that they would need to be a larger diameter to be as stiff (which they are). i remember there is a ratio between diameter and wall thickness that would help compare them but i hella forgot the equation thing. try searching on google or something. ill see what i can find.

S13NismoStyle 01-07-2007 06:51 AM

Cut and Pasted from wikipedia.com

"Stock swaybars are hollow as well as several aftermarket replacements. Testing has found the tube is the strongest shape and while maintaining a proportionate wall thickness a tubular swaybar will provide only 5% less stiffness for one made out of solid metal in the same diameter but will have a significantly lower weight, sometimes a reduction as much as 10-20lbs. This has no heavy polar impact since its so low on the chassis but will impact braking/acceleration respectively"

So i dont know if the solid bar is much better. But anyways, I hope some people on here have had personal experience with them and can chime in. Thanks

jspaeth 01-07-2007 10:15 AM

I have the Tanabe Sustecs.......they are amazing as ****....all of my friends that drive my car say it just rotates, no roll whatsoever...

I can say that with proper suspension mods, the relative increase in the rear sway bar compared to the front makes the 240 way more neutral

i.e. the OEM front sway bar is way bigger than the rear, but the Tanabes are really close in size, so the REAR gets a larger relative increase

This causes the rear end to stiffen up a lot more relative to the front. You can dramatically feel the difference, especially upon acceleration when a good deal of weight shifts toward the back of the car

S13NismoStyle 01-07-2007 07:15 PM

So you are running BOTH the front and rear tanabes? And with both of them the car is more 'neutral' or just the rear with the stock front? I have been doing alot of reading and its starting to seem like the Tanabes are the way to go.

Besides the Tanabes, what other suspension mods are you running? Coilovers or a spring/strut combo. I have been reading that you would want your sway bar to some what match/compliment your spring rates. Right now I have AGX's and S-Techs, but Im going to go with some MR street coilovers as soon as I place my sway bar order.

I really appreciate the input and any more would be great. thanks

EDIT: after carefully reading your post, its obvious that you are using both.