S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Will s14 rear Eibach spring fit in to z32 rear AGX shock? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/will-s14-rear-eibach-spring-fit-z32-rear-agx-shock-46621/)

po_bo 12-22-2009 02:28 AM

Will s14 rear Eibach spring fit in to z32 rear AGX shock?

I have a 95 S14 when i bough the car is comes with Eibach spring and tokico HP strut, I recently upgraded yo z32 frt and rear brakes with rear drum swap, I didn't swap to rear z32 knuckle, it just sit in my back yard untill now I bent one of my strut, and I'm planning to keep my Eibach spring and replace to AGX strut, and I'm also going to use the z32 rear knuckle. I'm planning to buy pair of z32 KYB AGX Rear Struts and keep the eibach spring and install the z32 rear knuckle, here is the main question, Will my S14 Rear Eibach Sport Line Spring fit to Z32 KYB AGX rear Strut?:idea:

Biggamehit 12-22-2009 03:04 AM

z32, s14 and R33 are identical

po_bo 12-22-2009 12:04 PM

Will my S14 Eibach spring fit in to the Z32 AGX strut directly? will it be long or wide or any mod needed? or should it sit right on to the z32 AGX strut? thanks!

and which one is better.... KYB AGX strut or Tokico D-Spec Strut? thanks!
I'm will be doing daily driving and some drifting once a while.

shaban 12-22-2009 12:56 PM

Search reviews.

Biggamehit 12-22-2009 11:12 PM

AGX has my vote just from installing them and driving the car after. Tokico I don't like at all after a set blew on me very quickly.

actually I made a mistake ... s14 and R33 rear struts are interchangable... Z32 fronts will work on my R33 ...

you will have to Google for the results you are looking for. Im not sure and I don't assume.

po_bo 12-22-2009 11:24 PM

thanks! I'm thinking about AGX too sence i want to use z32 rear knuckle, because i can only find AGX sold a pair of rear z32 strut separately. but my biggest concern is will my existing s14 rear eibach sportline spring sit in and have the right length to fit in to the AGX z32 rear strut, have any one done this kind of set up yet? or any one have better idea? thanks!!

po_bo 12-31-2009 01:55 AM

i found a coilovers for sell at http://norcaldrift.org/index.php?showtopic=4632&st=0 and was thinking if i buy a pair of z32 rear coilovers, will that fit to my s14 directly so i can also use the z32 knuckle?

guitaraholic 01-09-2010 01:30 AM

Z32 shocks will not work on your S14, they are 4" too short. Unless you slam the hell out of the car and drive the car only 2" off the ground, your shocks are going to be too short. I've been doing a bit of research because I have a set of Z32 rear assembles (everything is together as one unit, brakes, Ebrake, Spindles,, ect). So All I would need to do is bolt them on and get the right shock. Here are my plans.

Ok, I've put quite a few hours of research into this. I am doing this because I don't have $1500 to drop on a decent coilover setup. Doing it this way, I can do the rears (Z32's) and later do the fronts. I am not looking for a crazy drop, maybe an 1" at the most. I'm looking at using some quality parts. Here is what I have so far.

It looks like the rear shocks from a 4th/5th Gen Prelude might work (with some modifications. I will hopefully be getting at least one shock in order to test fit it in the next few days. If all goes well with that its on to the next step.

I am debating on going with either Koni or Bilstein shocks. I know the quality and rebuildablity of Bilsteins make it an attrractive choice. But lacks the adjustablity of the Konis.

The perches off the prelude shocks are mounted a bit low, but is should pose no problem because it will be cut off and grounded down.

Next as a choice of springs I was thinking of Hypercoil. They can be had for ~$55 a spring and can be had at a variety of spring heights and rates.

I was thinking about going with a set of coilover sleeves by Koni, Bilstein mabye QA1 (they are aluminum).

From reading other sites on DIY coilovers. It looks like my inventory will need the following:

2 x Hypercoil springs, .
2 x Hypercoil " "helper springs". .
2 x 2.25 ID Torrington bearings, with races (4 x races)
2 x Koni coilover sleeves with low-profile hats, part number 80.0000.1
2 x spherical bearings
2 x Upper mount plates.
2 x Upper Standoff.
2 x Lower Standoff.
4 x inside snap ring

Got this off of Autocross.dsm.org - Build Your Own Konis

Suggestions/comments (not flaming) is appreciated. If it works out, could give us S14's a nice way to use the Z32 uprights without have to drop over a grand on coilovers.

hatrick6 01-09-2010 08:36 AM

Looks like a decent idea to me, I never thought about building my own coilovers. I would go with the Konis over the Bilsteins tho, just as reliable as the Bilsteins IMO, but you are REALLY going to want to be able to adjust them if you ever do any track/autocross.

Hypercoil springs are ok, I'd go with Eibach if you can, join your local autox forum. people are trading springs on there all the time to try different sizes and weights. If you local autox forum doesnt have a thread for that than start one, I got a pair of slightly use Eibach springs on my local autox forum in the exact rate I wanted for $50.

As far as which sleeves you pick, I don't really have an opinion on that, but a lot of people tell me they really like ground control, and for $380 you can get ground control sleeves that will come with Eibach springs in any rate and size you want.