S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Turbo Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/)
-   -   95 KA-Turbo for 2-3k dollars possible? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/95-ka-turbo-2-3k-dollars-possible-24059/)

RottiX 06-28-2005 06:08 PM

95 KA-Turbo for 2-3k dollars possible?

well, im getting a job this summer and ill be looking at 2 to 3 grand, and ive been wanting to turbo my 95 black 240 SE. its got the basically stock ka with intake, 'superchip', its a 95 with 85000 original miles. the motors been worked hard in the last year, but now i own it and its getting alot more care. i dont know that much when it comes to the parts and tuning it takes to make a decently fast KA turbo car and still have it smog since i do live in southern california, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with what i would need to make this possible with 2-3 grand.

thanks...

Eyeceman2000 06-28-2005 09:23 PM

yea, it is possible. I have a manifold, turbo, and an intercooler + piping for a 95 and above 240sx. I'm selling it for $850 plus shipping if you're interested, I have pics if you want it. Any speed shop in your area will help you piece together the rest of the parts, even though there's not much else to get. You'll only end up spending aprox. 1,200 if you go this route. Not bad IMO.

Initial Daniel 06-28-2005 09:32 PM

Very possible if you know what you're looking for. If you peice it together yourself, you're basically cutting out the middle man. Kits are designed for people who want "bolt-on" power, don't know what to get, or have the know-how and are just plain LAZY AND RICH!

I wish I was the latter.

Anyway, it's possible, but first you want to get a compression/leakdown test to see if your car is ready for boost. GOOD LUCK! SPEND THAT MONEY YOU HAVEN'T MADE YET WISELY! lol, I'm just busting your balls.

For real...

...good luck.

RottiX 06-29-2005 02:20 PM

i planned on getting a fairly good run through of it done and all new seals and gaskets / rings etc when it has its 86000 major service, including the compression and leakdown. i dont really want a kit, because as you said, its for people who dont know much and just want quick power.. i want this to produce decently more power but not kill the reliability.

also, eyeceman, pictures / info on the items would be greatly appreciated, aim is r4x3r or email/msn is sick_fast@hotmail.com
thanks guys

RottiX 06-29-2005 11:57 PM

also, since the cops are complete *******s im wondering if its possible to paint / anodize an intercooler black

Eyeceman2000 06-30-2005 01:48 PM

you could always place mesh behind the opening of the front bumper. With shadows and the mesh you have to get on your knees and look to actually see the intercooler.

rocky2843 06-30-2005 09:31 PM

why would the cops stop you if u have an intercooler?

Waynehead05 07-01-2005 12:36 AM

because even if you get a kit that is street legal cough Greddy cough adding an inter cooler or BOV makes it illegal. there for any car other than an EVO can't have a front mount without taking a risk.

even EVO's get hassled. i know a guy that got ticketed for that huge wing. yes it was stock and he told the officer that but he still got a ticket. yes it got thrown out in court but there was a hassle.

Eyeceman2000 07-01-2005 01:51 PM

ummmmmm. I dont think a law exists where they restrict the "wing size". I never heard of that law in cali. Damn, they even let trucks jack up there truck like 3 feet legaly. If this law is legit, it's import descrimination!!! I hate stupid cali laws!!!!
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh I'm so mad! :mad: