S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Turbo Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/)
-   -   KA Turbo Kits? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/ka-turbo-kits-27053/)

dkid 10-05-2005 07:37 PM

KA Turbo Kits?

Does anyone know any KA24DE Turbo kits that come with almost everything? I need help on finding one for a 91-94 240sx. Thanks!

Badazz_240 10-06-2005 10:24 AM

http://www.turbo-kits.com/240SX_turbo_kits.html

try that..... not a huge selection, but to tell you the truth i am having trouble finding turbos too

nsn240 10-06-2005 12:10 PM

I'd never buy a turbo kit... piece togethor your own turbo setup, get the parts you want, it will most likely save you lots of money too

Badazz_240 10-06-2005 12:13 PM

i cant find a turbo for my car either..... i am trying to get a good mid range turbo, with okay low and high end power..... i have looked on ebay but cant seem to find anything for a ka..... any links would be appreciated

nsn240 10-06-2005 05:51 PM

you dont need a specific turbo that says "ka24de turbo"... t3/t4, gt series, stock t25's there's tons of turbo options. Do some searching on here and zilvia.net and you'll find plently of setups. I know Jeff at 240sxmotoring is running 3 ka-t's with sc series

CowboyTurbo 10-06-2005 08:05 PM

Greddy makes one. Google "Greddy Ka Turbo" or something like that.

Waynehead05 10-06-2005 10:06 PM

the greddy one doesn't fit an s13. full race makes one now.

Badazz_240 10-07-2005 12:08 AM

lucky for me i have an s14

CharliesCar 10-07-2005 07:50 AM

Please do your self a favor and dont buy a "kit"

Spend some time, do some research, and build your own turbo setup. That way youll know alot more about your own setup, and will know its limits and potential. And you'll be able to figure out where the "bottle neck" of your setup is, so you know where to upgrade later on.
Just spend some hours on the internet researching various turbo setups, (Not even KA or 240 specific) and make sure you understand the purpose for each part.

nsn240 10-07-2005 08:13 AM

:werd:

Badazz_240 10-07-2005 09:09 AM

nah

l2aine 10-07-2005 02:43 PM

I somewhat disagree with a lot of the posts here.

Kits aren't that bad. why go through the trouble of piecing together a turbo setup when a kit is available?

I understand the posts about "learning" and stuff, but some people just want to have turbo and don't want to deal with locating/calculating; others who want turbo have no plans of going beyond the kit setup. T

here's a place in this world for turbo kits - but just because it's not for you don't tell other people that kits suck ass.

When's the last time you bought a car that you put together yourself?

=P :thumb: :bigok: :naughty:

EDIT: Thinking about it, the only downfall to a kit is the outrageously high prices... some kits actually cost more than the car you're putting it on.

CharliesCar 10-07-2005 05:15 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
I somewhat disagree with a lot of the posts here.

Kits aren't that bad. why go through the trouble of piecing together a turbo setup when a kit is available?

I understand the posts about "learning" and stuff, but some people just want to have turbo and don't want to deal with locating/calculating; others who want turbo have no plans of going beyond the kit setup. T

here's a place in this world for turbo kits - but just because it's not for you don't tell other people that kits suck ass.

When's the last time you bought a car that you put together yourself?

=P :thumb: :bigok: :naughty:

EDIT: Thinking about it, the only downfall to a kit is the outrageously high prices... some kits actually cost more than the car you're putting it on.

Thats true, I guess I never thought about buying a turbo kit and then leaving the car alone. Too me that doesnt make much sence, however Im sure the guy realizes that what he does doesnt have to make sence to me:thumb:

nsn240 10-07-2005 06:09 PM

Originally posted by l2aine

that's what i was thinking about... either way, if you are installing the kit or installing your own "kit" you are still getting the experience of working on your car, just a difference in parts

l2aine 10-07-2005 06:38 PM

Originally posted by nsn240
that's what i was thinking about... either way, if you are installing the kit or installing your own "kit" you are still getting the experience of working on your car, just a difference in parts
To add to this, turbo kits in general (well, Greddy at least AFAIK) have been tested to fit with no clearance issues etc. whereas with piecing together stuff, you have a chance that there might be some elbow grease needed :thumb: