S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Turbo Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/)
-   -   Nitrous (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/nitrous-35618/)

v8killa 10-26-2006 05:07 PM

Nitrous

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I want some information on sr20s and nitrous.

I am planning on putting a 100 shot direct port on my s14 sr20 motor on the stock turbo and bolt ons with around 12-15 psi.

stock injectors and a walbro 255

ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS??

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOUR A. EDUCATED ABOUT NITROUS OR B. HAVE EXPERIENCED NITROUS ON A 240 BEFORE THANKS

KerosineK 10-26-2006 05:27 PM

I have never experienced nitrous on a 240 before, but I have had experience with it on other vehicles. IMO, it is the biggest bang for the buck. A 100 shot would definitely hit hard and fast.

Make sure you read up on it so you dont blow yourself up though.

motegineon 10-26-2006 07:24 PM

just do it so u can post up in a few weeks how its a bad idea cuz u blew ur motor, that way no one else will have this problem... go post on www.zilvia.net where u are going to get more attention to this thread and see what they have to say, i garuntee its the same thing..

v8killa 10-27-2006 04:34 AM

thanks for the first post. but for the second post why are you so stubborn i told you not to post unless you had experience, you know NOTHING ABOUT NITROUS and when nitrous is done right it is just as safe as higher boost or even a supercharger

THANKS

Zenki_SliderS14 10-27-2006 06:09 AM

im curious, sounds like a far out plan..but i think it should be interesting.

i think someone said stock bottom end on an sr is like 350-400hp idk tho dont quote me on that.

I thnik you MAY BE ok on this, but like i said dont rest on what i say..i still have a KA24 under my hood

v8killa 10-27-2006 08:27 AM

yea i think it would hold up fine, but i wanted some info from people who maybe tried it already

thanks ill keep you guys updated

turbomikej 11-13-2006 07:01 PM

100hp direct port..... on a stock motor...... 12-15psi...... You are over loading the motor w/ oxygen effectively raising cylinder pressure....... a lot...... I wouldn't suggest it........ my suggestion is do a lot more research. Ive done and seen a crap load of imports w/ nitrous..... probably not a good idea homey.....

nick3 11-22-2006 04:31 PM

they say 50-75 shot is your safe point. i still burned up my rings with a 50 shot. but i had it set up at the gas peddle so i had it every gear and i was very happy with it. but with that high of boost i wouldnt do over a 35 shot untill you upgrade the valvetrain, rods, forged pistons and head gasket. and also p&p that head for more air flow would help a lot. i would always run forged pistons for that big of a shot of nitrous

v8killa 11-23-2006 10:21 AM

who "says" that and when you burned your rings with the fifty shot did you retard the timing, any tuning, size injectors? and was it a direct port or a dry shot it was probably a dry shot!

thanks

nick3 11-23-2006 11:21 AM

Originally posted by v8killa
who "says" that and when you burned your rings with the fifty shot did you retard the timing, any tuning, size injectors? and was it a direct port or a dry shot it was probably a dry shot!

thanks

yes the timing was retard, and it was a wet shot nx kit. injectors were venom, but dont remember what size. they were a size over the stock. i had colder plugs, had a bigger fuel pump, msd ignition, and coil, and msd adjustable rpm control to adjust what rpms i wanted it to kick on and off. it was tuned. like i said i liked it to much. it was set at the gas pedal and i hit it all the time in every gear and burned up the rings. thats when i rebuit the engine to all forged internals and droped the cr.

edit, also i had ngk copper plugs because you know platnuim plugs dont mix with nitrous

nick3 11-23-2006 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i dont have the car anymore because of this. im building a 383 stroker z-28

nick3 11-23-2006 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the stroker viper killer

nick3 11-23-2006 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pic 2 stroker

ryguy 11-23-2006 02:52 PM

lol talk about thread jacking....

nick3 11-23-2006 02:56 PM

he said he wanted someone educated, and it seemed like he was questioning what i know, so i posted those for him to show some of my experience