S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Turbo Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/)
-   -   Whoa look at these (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/turbo-motor-12/whoa-look-these-40508/)

S14_Turbo 07-30-2007 06:20 PM

Whoa look at these

These are sum crazy ass prices.. You guys think they are reliable ???

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1625

Those are all for nissan too =)...

DcrPrz 07-30-2007 06:31 PM

wow those are great prices!!! I wanna know too!!!

S14_Turbo 07-30-2007 06:33 PM

Man If These Are Reliable Im Goin Boost In 2 Weeks...

silviaks2nr 07-30-2007 07:08 PM

crazy prices? i guess. you can piece together a higher quality setup yourself for the same price. i don't trust the essential parts from ssac, especially the turbos. fork over the extra cash on the most essential parts: turbo, mani, injectors, wastegate, fuel management. everything else is of decent enough quality to use. I personally have alot of ssac parts and i'm fairly pleased with them, you just have to know what you are buying before you do. for someone with a username like s14_turbo it seems like you might have had a little previous insight into this brand, no offense intended. I'm moving this to the appropriate forum

battosaii930 07-30-2007 07:33 PM

for the sake of your motor dont cheap out on turbos. if you want a cheaper turbo go with a oem garret from nissan or buy a used one and get it rebuilt. you can get a GT25 for dirt cheap and some people even give them away. a T25/T28 rebuild kit is like $150 if you want someone to rebuild it for you then its gona cost a little more but still cheap. as for SSAC i heard their manifolds are getting better but im going with Ichiba only cause i cant afford a Tomei or a Full race mani

S14_Turbo 07-30-2007 07:53 PM

Cool, great feedback guys... you saved me 4rm a buy with a gaping hole to spend more.. I jus found the site and was wondering if they were actually reliable.. THANX AGAIN

Urban Outlaw 08-01-2007 04:22 PM

dont go ssautocrap.

DrEaM MaKeR 08-01-2007 04:36 PM

As far as non mechanical parts they are good, anything that has moving parts i don't trust.

Urban Outlaw 08-01-2007 04:42 PM

i just know their turbo's are crap and their manifold's crack. their parts like like hit or miss... and most of them miss

240AM 08-01-2007 06:24 PM

A lot of guys in the CA community use ssautochrome for their manifolds and virtually nothing else. The turbos are knockoffs and for the most part crap. The downpipes match up sometimes and the intercoolers are way too large for anyone running even 1bar. That said the manifolds are actually pretty decent. Just brace the top mount ones to your head to avoid cracking issues. Everything else I would avoid.

Urban Outlaw 08-01-2007 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by 240AM (Post 328409)
A lot of guys in the CA community use ssautochrome for their manifolds and virtually nothing else. The turbos are knockoffs and for the most part crap. The downpipes match up sometimes and the intercoolers are way too large for anyone running even 1bar. That said the manifolds are actually pretty decent. Just brace the top mount ones to your head to avoid cracking issues. Everything else I would avoid.

yea really i only heard things from their top mount manifolds. With them cracking a lot. i just figured if those crack the standard mount probably would also.

S14_Turbo 08-01-2007 09:18 PM

Whoa... well with all that being said i wouldnt want anything from em... Oh well Ill stick to buying turbo compnents peice by peice... AnyOne know where i can find a lil list ?

ryguy 08-01-2007 10:34 PM

Dont just buy that, put it on your car, and call it a day. Theres no fuel management. You still need at least SR20 injectors and a SAFC, preferably with a wideband O2 to tune, or tuned by a shop on a dyno. Even the best parts will perform like **** if you don't tune for them.

CharlesJ 08-02-2007 08:39 AM

These guys have been around for a long time...nothing new. The turbos do work, but are crap and generally unreliable. The intercoolers are crap. They lack the proper internal fin design to be effective, not to mention being oversized. I would not trust the and mechanical parts for reliability.

As far as the manifolds, they are cheap and not the best. Many crack, some have holes to start. Some work fine. Its a gamble, and one that I would generally not take. Out of everything, the bottom mount manifold is the best bet