S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   West Coast/Hawaii (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/west-coast-hawaii-26/)
-   -   Who chased me down Lemon Ave. in Walnut??! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/west-coast-hawaii-26/who-chased-me-down-lemon-ave-walnut-8408/)

l2aine 12-27-2003 02:09 AM

Who chased me down Lemon Ave. in Walnut??!

Okay so I notice a black S14 coming out of a residential area one block up from the fire station and all of a sudden a black S14 SE (like mine) tried chasing me down Lemon Ave. in Walnut (near Donut Tree)... I was with my girl and I told her, "I bet this guy's gonna try to catch me" because you know - you tend to notice S13/S14's and you check them out for a few seconds to see what they have (this one looked basic stock outside)... the thing was, I was going like 30mph, and the other S14 was trying to do a fly-by or something on me just because I was driving a black S14 SE. Cutting back and forth between two lanes, trying to get past the other cars just to get next to me...

Funny part was, he got boxed in by a couple of Honda minivans and me and my girl were watching in the mirrors the whole time laughing :D

So the guy finally catches up just as I'm turning left onto another stree, and he slows down, looking back in his side mirror! So I literally did this:

:bigok:

...as I was turning, signaling to the guy that if he was looking for a newb street race, he's asking the wrong guy... LMAO

So if that was you, nice try buddy... Hehehe j/k

...and the point of catching up to me was....? I swear I thought only high schooler Integra drivers did the "catch an S14 and show of their Paul Walker Special Integra because they need attention for the thousands of $$ they spent just to look like the next guy's Integra" move LOL

I bet you used to drive a HonDUH :devil:

Wow i think I should sleep early tonight

Okay I'm done.:thumb:

SLIDE OR DIE 12-27-2003 03:44 AM

hahahaha
You got your own personal stalker!

It funny I always have kids chase me down like that and notice them in my mirrors. When they pull up beside me I completely ignore them, don't even look in there derection, cuz they either want to race or ask some dumb comment. Whats with that, strangers pulling up next to me wanting to has full fledge conversation about car. Than comes that awkward speed adjustment to stay paralell to each other to talk. The dumbest question has to be "what kind of car is that" as if they couldn't read it on my trunk as they chase me down. Finally when your done, who pulls of first and when you see them again, even thou you don't know there name you feel you have to wave.

:D Cuz of all that I have developed my own personal techniques to ignore this sitution. #1 the fake cell phone call techniques (the best one), #2 looking for CD's and changing CD (great if no celly is present), #3 lost something and looking for it.

Techniques also work great when the akward sitution of ex-girlfriends pull up next to you!:laugh:

l2aine 12-27-2003 06:02 AM

hahah! Or how about how they always have to pull up next to you and match whatever your speed is... but they make it a point to be about 1/2 a car ahead just to feel like they're "winning the race" ROFL

Technique, technique, technique... usually I don't look because I know they're there - they know I'm here. Let them look at me and maybe accidentally rear-end someone because they're too busy trying to see if I care about their car LMAO

...personally, if they try to pull some "Fast and Furious" on me, I just start smiling and laughing... leaving them to wonder if I was laughing at their car or them or something else :D

Oh - and whenever I get into that rare occassion when I find myself next to an ex-girlfriend, I usually wait til a red light, then I turn and just stare at them. Then they do the "pretend cell phone" or whatever and I just start laughing again.

Wow I'm an a-hole sometimes... :thumb:

spinca57 12-28-2003 01:37 AM

hey jay,

i think i know the guy who was trying to catch up to ya... he just got his swap done at the same place I did mine..

I am pretty sure he WASN'T trying to hit you up for a race... more likely just to say "whats up".. he's actually a cool guy, like I said before there are many 240 owners that aren't on this forum from around our area.. and very seldom have I been hit up by our own kind... which is actually kinda cool...

come to think of it there is a blue s13 i've seen by donuttree that has seem to be a little rev happy... but i just don't even bother..
why waste the gas...

anyway.. we should meet up.. it be good to see who you are..
aint it kinda funny, considering we live down the street from each other.. i have yet to see you or your car driving.. lol

happy holidays to all..

l2aine 12-28-2003 05:15 AM

Originally posted by spinca57
hey jay,

i think i know the guy who was trying to catch up to ya... he just got his swap done at the same place I did mine..

I am pretty sure he WASN'T trying to hit you up for a race... more likely just to say "whats up".. he's actually a cool guy, like I said before there are many 240 owners that aren't on this forum from around our area.. and very seldom have I been hit up by our own kind... which is actually kinda cool...

come to think of it there is a blue s13 i've seen by donuttree that has seem to be a little rev happy... but i just don't even bother..
why waste the gas...

anyway.. we should meet up.. it be good to see who you are..
aint it kinda funny, considering we live down the street from each other.. i have yet to see you or your car driving.. lol

happy holidays to all..

You know, most of the time I drive towards the La Puente side instead of the Valley side because I hate the cop that lives on the corner of Foxboro and Somerset... but yeah we should meet up some time just to show cars (mine's not much to look at) or somethin:thumb:

spinca57 12-28-2003 01:44 PM

yeah i think he's on the corner house...

i remember like 5 or 6 years ago a friend of mine peeled out by the cops house.. the cop pulled out his police bike and followed my buddy up the street to my house... even rang the doorbell and evereything... he was a dick.. he rang the doorbell about 10 min. after my buddy showed up... so he must have been seaching all the streets around our area for his car..

i thought it was funny..

l2aine 12-28-2003 04:54 PM

Originally posted by spinca57
yeah i think he's on the corner house...

i remember like 5 or 6 years ago a friend of mine peeled out by the cops house.. the cop pulled out his police bike and followed my buddy up the street to my house... even rang the doorbell and evereything... he was a dick.. he rang the doorbell about 10 min. after my buddy showed up... so he must have been seaching all the streets around our area for his car..

i thought it was funny..

His name is Carl, and yes it's the corner house... he did the same **** with me and my friends a few years back too - we were all there washing cars at my house (two 200SX SE-R's, an Accord, and a GS300) and here he comes WALKING around the block to my driveway... I say hi and he goes, "WHO'S WHITE CAR IS THAT?" so my friend says "mine" and the copper starts going on about how someone dropped a stolen car off in front of his house blah blah... and it was (and I quote), "...a white lowered car with dual exhausts." which was exactly what my friend had parked on my driveway.

Now I know for sure it wasn't my friend because he is a smart guy... the other guy (GS300) came up and said, "do you even know how many Honda Civics have dual exhausts?!?!"

Cop: It was lowered too.
Me: Do you know how many white Honda Civics with dual exhausts are lowered?

Then the GS300 guy went off trying to lecture the cop about stereotypes, etc. then the cop started saying something about "his neighborhood" and I came back with:

Me: You're neighborhood? Dude this is my neighborhood... I've lived here since the houses were built, and you only moved in about 3-4 months ago"

Cop got startled, and he asks, "how do you know that?"

Me: Because you live on the last house on Foxboro, right around the corner, where my friend used to live before you."

Cop (sweating it): "...oh..."

so I said something like, "if you have proof other than that description, show us or leave us alone." in a calm manner... he left, came back like 2 days later when it was just me out front, and apologized about "jumping to conclusions" etc.

Ever since that day, whenever I drive by, I don't look at him, he doesn't look at me. ROFL :laugh: :thumb:

ixcocoyxi 12-29-2003 04:08 AM

thats kinda like my friend's house.. a cop lives near him.. but he's cool.. he pulls out his police car and we have burnout contests..

spinca57 12-29-2003 10:47 AM

lol

l2aine 12-29-2003 11:05 PM

Originally posted by ixcocoyxi
thats kinda like my friend's house.. a cop lives near him.. but he's cool.. he pulls out his police car and we have burnout contests..
ROFL:laugh:

ajS14 01-05-2004 06:51 PM

LOL I live in Walnut with a black S14, but it wasn't me!

spinca57 01-05-2004 08:54 PM

alright!!! ... another walnut representative on this forum..

just curious ajS14.. which area are you around LEMON side or Grand Side???

ajS14 01-05-2004 09:03 PM

I'm on the Lemon side but it wasn't me really!:D

I live off Shadow Oak by Nogales. I'm planning a meet the Saturday before or the two Saturdays after Valantine's Day...Check out the post!

spinca57 01-05-2004 09:25 PM

no no no... i wasn't accusing you...lol

i know who the guy that followed him.. i was just curious..

i sometimes hang out at the donut tree... swing by and say whats up whenever you pass by..

it be good to know the faces of fellow 240 owners..

laters..

ajS14 01-06-2004 12:03 AM

I know I was jk...I'll do that. When are you there?