Group Buy Feeler: AMS/Turbo240 Fully counterweighted Crank

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

Group Buy Feeler: AMS/Turbo240 Fully counterweighted Crank

I have the opportunity to bring this crank into reality if there is enough interest in it. I would be willing to run a group buy in order to get the ball rolling on this thing. Here are the specs which are currently available.
4340, fully machined billet construction
Straight oil holes, (each rod recieves its own oil feed from a main journal, unlike the factory crank.

Pricing would be as follows

Single crank, $1600 + ship
5 People, $1400 + ship
10 People, $1300 + ship

Post up your interest, one way or another, I've had some reports saying that we would have 5 people in on it no problem...

I already have one person who is in on the GB if it goes through...
I'll probably get one too!

1. Ivan
2. Chris
3. BigVinnie
Old 07-19-2007, 06:36 AM

YES!!!!!! Chris you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you guys love the KA you need to get in on this crank shaft. Chris and I were speaking about the benefits that a fully counterweighed crank could achieve for the KA over 3months ago....
Fully counterweighed cranks offer smoother harmonics, a broader rev range, and ultimately more HP and torque!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cmon' on guy's just need 10 people for the deal of the century!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Hmm.... How quickly are we talking about getting this on? If its sometime this fall or maybe winter I'll be all in on it. Nothing like a peppy NA KA for my vert baby.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

If it goes through, it will be as soon as there is enough people to make one of the cut offs. Right now, we would need two more people..
Old 08-08-2007, 09:00 PM

i would be definately down as long as my credit card does not get maxed out by the time you guys order them. what are you planning to do about the engine internals? surely stock engine could not handle fully counterweighed crankshaft.

also, would independent throttle bodies go good with a ka24de?? with this crankshaft, it would rev high enough to benifit from it.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by slipperypanda
i would be definately down as long as my credit card does not get maxed out by the time you guys order them. what are you planning to do about the engine internals? surely stock engine could not handle fully counterweighed crankshaft.

also, would independent throttle bodies go good with a ka24de?? with this crankshaft, it would rev high enough to benifit from it.
If you are on a budget you can use the stock rods given that you won't be exceeding possibly new HP limitations over 400WHP. Stock rods are fine for Natural aspiration, if your turbo charging you can always go with eagle H beam rods, which are the most affordable on the market place. More than likely it would be a must to upgrade the pistons to something with thicker ring lands, the pistons that I have been looking and researching are the super tech pistons, the rings are pretty chunky and would be better suited for the high rev.

Chris is accepting $700 deposits to take people seriously before a group buy goes through I guess we will wait for a awhile to get the 10 people so we can get the crank for $1300, rather than $1600. I don't mind if AMS holds a deposit from me for a while...
Old 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM

that sounds good. i hope it doesnt take a long time to find more people. i would for sure want to know more about shipping fees and refund policies. this crankshaft is not cheap.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Banned

Shipping will be $65 + whatever it takes to get it to your door.

If the GB doesnt go through, you get all your money back. Once you buy the crank, it is yours, there are no returns on a custom ordered part like this.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:34 PM

what kind of performance gains can be expected from this? I'll be running Crower rods, JWT cams, and full Race mani with Holset turbo along with a fully ported, polished head with oversized valves. Would this make me any serious gains? Also still trying to figure out pistons, I don't like the ones I have.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ADiamond240sx
what kind of performance gains can be expected from this? I'll be running Crower rods, JWT cams, and full Race mani with Holset turbo along with a fully ported, polished head with oversized valves. Would this make me any serious gains? Also still trying to figure out pistons, I don't like the ones I have.

Smoother harmonics show better gains, it's proven. Torque band would be much more linear and less drop off in HP unlike half weighted.
Dunno if you read this thread that I put together, but it should make it easier to understand performance gains.
Not to mention Chris and Ivan plan to make this crank an AERO design crank, which is actually proven to increase HP by breaking the resistance of windage, and oil in the crank case. We are talking about some serious rev coming out of this engine with the new crank and balancing.
http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40633
Heres the circle track article on AERO crank shaft design.
http://www.circletrack.com/techartic...ft_technology/
http://www.circletrack.com/techartic.../photo_03.html
Also individual oil feeding to each rod journal will cut down on a significant amount of friction which eats up HP. This is something the stock crank lacks.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 08-16-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Can we get this going again? I'm looking for a 200 WHP+ NA KA24DE and this crank would make that ten times easier. Yes I know I'm bringing up an old thread but this crank would bring the potential out of our engines.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:18 PM

Yeah, I'm interested also, but I think 1300 is a little high, considering it hasn't been tested and we don't know the gains to be expected. 1300 bucks in a decent turbo kit, without the turbo. Throw another 300 with it and a tune and you can gaurantee yourself 250+ to the wheels. Is that the best they can do?

Last edited by deuce; 11-18-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: felt like whining
Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 PM

I want an AMS FCW crank for my KA24 and would gladly pay $1,300, 1400 for it.

Please sign me up!

Aaron D.

Last edited by Aaron D; 01-07-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: I signed up for this forum just for this thread :)
Old 02-12-2011, 10:26 PM

Any news on this