Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

'95 SE w/Premium Sound Speaker Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 01:06 PM

'95 SE w/Premium Sound Speaker Problem...

I recently purchased my 240 and the only problem with the car is that the front speakers cut in and out. This happens at no specified interval, it just comes and goes at it's own accord. Has anyone experienced this problem who could give me direction on how to troubleshoot/fix?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:52 PM

i don't know with SEs, but i know on the base 95, there are amps in the back. i know when i purchased mine one of the amps was blown, so i think. i ended up running all new speaker wire from the trunk to each speaker location and have an amp power that.

troubleshoot: are BOTH speakers cutting out at the same time? or just one? if one, then check speaker connections. do they cut out randomly or when you hit bumps? check the connection to the amps (under the rear speaker deck/shelf/whatever in the trunk).

edit: just read what you said again, maybe the amp is overheating? check the connection in the back of your radio

the amp could be going bad, but i don't know how much it costs to get a new one. if you upgraded your stereo unit to something better and more powerful, you can run jumper wires to the harnesses in your trunk (bypass the amp). i obtained a diagram of how they were wired up, i think i got it from here