Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

fuse box/head unit/internal wiring harness problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 05:42 PM

Question fuse box/head unit/internal wiring harness problem

Ok I've tested my headunit by actually connecting it to the battery and I know that the unit on its own works. However, when I connect it via the wiring harness I get no power. I don't know if its because I may be missing a fuse or have a damaged internal car wiring harness. The car runs fine so i don't think I am missing a fuse but when i looked at the fuses I basically was shocked to see just how few fuses were actuallly there and connected vs the fuses that were just sitting in slots that actually had no connection. I must have popped out at least 5 fuses from that row of fuses and the ones on the upper four corners that were just sitting there with no contact. When i say no contact I mean no actual metal in teh socket at the base of the fuse socket. Another issue is the stock radio had some ungodly two pronged antenna connector (I'm assuming its the antenna). My radio has the traditional single prong antenna connector. I saw in some other post someone was saying that this is really what grounds the radio. That would be a first to me but how would i get this two pronged connector into my single pronged antenna connector ? The car is a 96 s14 and I'm not the first owner I just got it a couple of months ago. The radio was the stock and it powered on and played but the speakers were blown so I can't for sure say that the wiring harness is truly intact but I'm crossing my fingers onthat one. Any advice would be appreciated as I have spent quite some time trying to get what should have been such a simple thing (install a head unit) done.