Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

My 240: A BIG LEMON!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:29 PM

Unhappy My 240: A BIG LEMON!!!

So a year ago, I bought a very shiny, red, low mileage 1991 240 sx. Two different mechanics told me the car was in excellent shape. Two weeks after I bought it, it was vandalized. 500 bucks later, it was fixed. Then came the first major repair, the water pump. Then came the rear brakes, then came the transmission. Just as all of that was fixed, fuel injector #1 failed. Three days later fuel injector #4 failed. Several thousand later, the mechanic told me there was rust developing under the rear wing. Then just last week, a stupid person crashed into me. 2000 bucks later (the only repair I did not have to pay for), the mechanics tell me they think the stater is about to go. Sure enough, two days later, the starter went. The mechanic also thinks the master cylinder is next. Now I am noticing the tires are wearing unevenly-which means it needs an alignment.

So, lesson after one year of ownership: Never buy another nissan. Never buy a used 240. They are the most worthless piece ****s ever!!! Why didn't I keep my old Toyota. A Toyota which served me faithfully for five years? I don't know, stupidity I guess. Warning, all 240 owners, get rid of it now before your car becomes a pile of crap.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 AM
Contributing Member

I have a friend that had a lemon Toyota. Does that mean I should never EVER buy a Toyota just because ONE CAR was a lemon? I don't think so. I'd still buy one. Things you need to understand: 1-THE CAR IS 14-15 YEARS OLD, ****'S GONNA BE WRONG WITH IT. 2-Lemon cars exist, just like I'm sure wherever you work there are less than perfect products every once in a while. It's a part of manufacturing called nothing is 100% efficent and perfect. And finally 3-you joined this forum to come and ***** about how bad your 240 was. Get a life, these forums are for fans, not haters. And everybody on here I'm sure everyone on here agrees with me...yeah you got shafted with a bad car but the rest are the best. Go back to your Toyota.

EDIT: Can somebody tell me why this is in the Electronics section? This is what general is for.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 AM

WTF??? You come here and say 240sx's are piles of crap? I think the only pile of crap is the one coming out of your mouth. This car isn't for everyone and definitely not you. Learn about the car, learn to work on it, learn to fix it and learn to maintain it and then maybe you'll be ready for a car like this. C'mon man, you wouldn't like it if someone went to your corner in the world and started badmouthing one of the things you enjoy in life. Don't do it here. You're not worthy of an S13. Sell it to someone who can value it's life cause you don't deserve it.

Why did you post here? Your lack of sense most likely told you to post here since you saw the word "Security" and thought you must keep us safe from this car. You must be one of the unfortunate souls on this planet that uses 0.1% of their brane. I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by silver240esex; 12-15-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:17 AM

Canadians.... what can ya say. But, every one of those things that went wrong (except crashing into everything and the fuel injectors) has gone wrong with my 240 in the last three years or so.
I replaced the water pump and starter (what a pita that is) myself, and had the tranny completely re-built. The way i look at it, those are things i dont need to worry about again for a while, so i can focus on other mods.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:12 AM

Dude I had a Toyota and the engine blew plus everything u just said dont blame the 240 every car that old is gonna need repair so be happy 240's RULE!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:12 AM

Re: My 240: A BIG LEMON!!!

Originally posted by solenodon
So, lesson after one year of ownership: Never buy another nissan. Never buy a used 240. They are the most worthless piece ****s ever!!! Why didn't I keep my old Toyota. A Toyota which served me faithfully for five years? I don't know, stupidity I guess. Warning, all 240 owners, get rid of it now before your car becomes a pile of crap.
This post is stupid and some of the worst logic I've ever seen!

I mean cmon you purchased a car that was made in 91 in 2004, you should expect to spend some money on repairs BECAUSE the car is old. Regardless what mechanics tell you.

But go ahead and sell your car I'll be keeping mine.

Last edited by ActionKamen; 12-14-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Contributing Member

jesus you are retarded... you cant buy a 14 year old car and expect it to be perfect... do some research. WTF?? coming on a 240 owners site and b*tching about your 240 and saying they suck... what do you think is gonna happen?? Everyone responds with "oh yea, mine blows too!" Nooo... You obviously have no idea on how to work on a car, and you depend on a mechanic for everything anyways...
G o buy a new car and quit whining

Last edited by nsn240; 12-14-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Please do not talk down about the 240s just because a previous owner of the one you bought did not take proper care of it. In that case, he/she should have his/her *** kicked.

You have to figure in that the car IS a 1991. That means it's well over 10 yrs old. Cars do not last a really long time and you need to take care of it. You could have checked the car over yourself instead of taking a mechanics word for it. Don't you know that 80% of mechanics lie anyway?!

And sweetheart, I bought my '96 240 USED from a FORD dealership for gods sake and I have NEVER had a single problem with it. I swear by Nissan and will not buy anything else.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

Oh yeah guys, I forgot to say that I had to replace my power steering belt last week. I'm gonna sell my car now cause it's a piece of **** cause I had to replace something on it. Anyone want it?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:59 PM

Yes, I will gladly take that POS. I will add it to my collection.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by Preston
Oh yeah guys, I forgot to say that I had to replace my power steering belt last week. I'm gonna sell my car now cause it's a piece of **** cause I had to replace something on it. Anyone want it?
Of course nobody wants it! Who wants to drive a crappy 240, there all crap, craaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

Last edited by ActionKamen; 12-14-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:36 PM

My apologies for posting in the wrong area...my bad.

In hindsight, my posting should have been more direct in expressing my frustration with this car, rather than with Nissan 240s in general. I bought the car because it is a good looking car.

My disappointment is with all the repairs in the first year of ownership. My Toyota, or my previous car--a lousy Ford Taurus were both 14 years old, and they never had these problems. Not even close. Even my friend's 20 year-old Plymouth Volare never gave him this grief.

Instead of calling my post "My 240: A BIG LEMON!!!" I should have said "Help, My 240 is cursed!!!"

To add insult to injury, I picked up my 240 from the mechanic, and it runs like a charm, however, the mechanic backed it into a concrete block in the parking lot, so now my newly painted bumper is all scratched up.

My car is cursed...
Old 12-15-2005, 08:48 AM

You bought a 14-15 yr old car. Did you honestly think it was going to run perfect?! The owner before you probably did not take proper care of the car. My car is now 10 yrs old, and if I sold it today, the next owner would have no problem with it. As, my car is maintained to a *T*.

The car isn't cursed, the driver is.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

oh man, internet beat down in progress!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:12 AM

you have the ****tys luck ive heard of

Quick Reply: My 240: A BIG LEMON!!!