"The Big Meet"...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 01:35 PM

Lightbulb "The Big Meet"...

Attention all:

I am trying to organize a big meet in the USA.

I am trying to get as many Nissan 240 drivers (all other Nissan drivers welcomed too), to meet in Toronto sometime next year. *The date will be known shortly*.

Myself and *rudeboy* are trying to set something up. So that, I am in charge of all the cars from Canada meeting in Toronto and he is in charge of the USA part.

That way, we can take a huge convoy to a Nissan meet planned for sometime next year in the States. *Not far like Cali or anything of that distance*.

Please let me know if you are interest and if you would like to assist in organizing your province/region.

Feel free to email me for more info.

Take care,
KaOz.

P.S. I hope we can do this! It would be incredible - showing our CANADIAN PRIDE!
Old 10-31-2002, 02:42 PM

what is the point of going to usa ?
lets show are canadian pride by running to usa!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 03:02 PM
Contributing Member

I think the 240 convention is going to be on the east coast so we can all meet up there if need be. But we'll see if we can do something. There are a lot of Import shows in Canada and maybe we'll setup some NY peeps and go up there or something.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

looks like i'm border patrol! since i'm right at the US canadian border.
looks like the main question is where.
cuz the upper mid-west guys like ohio, michigan and those states can all get up with the upstae NY and canaidan guys and we can do it right. so lets not forget the parts of the country that aren't too far from the east coast.

wasent last years in atlanta or sumthin
Old 11-01-2002, 08:46 AM

Talking

*rudeboy* try to work with *Import Fanatix* and visa-versa in trying to organize your peeps down there in the States! Contact all the clubs/organizations and inform them - you in charge US-related things... k? I hope that is alright with you (both). Let me know if it ain't. I simply need a good US contact to deal with the peeps down there.

*Xris* - well, I was informed that there is a Nissan convention happening in the northern part of USA. Thus, I am trying to see if we can get a big group of us up here in Canada and go down there.

Another issue I want to bring up - should we organize a big Nissan convention possibly in a seperate location from all other meets? - say, Niagara Falls (Canadian side)??? and call it *The BIG Meet* ??? What ya think *rudeboy* *Import Fanatix*? The reason I am suggesting this is because I don't want to start problems with other meets and organizers, as well as the simple fact that you Americans have no difficulty crossing onto our side, yet us Canadians may have difficulty and takes longer. Also, things are way cheaper for both sides (Canadians and Americans) in Niagara Falls (Can Side)... esp. for you Americans.

Either way, let me know. If all goes well, I would like to have it sometime in June/July - warm weather. 8-9 months from now. I will also create a website for it as well as contact manufacturers. I will also contact Hotels and Restaurants in Niagara Falls and establish some sort of *special rate* for all *participants*. Let me know of what you think. This could turn out to be a very big annual meet!!! I hope it works out.

All the best and take care,
KaOz.

P.S. Feel free to email me!
Old 11-01-2002, 09:44 AM
Contributing Member

I know there are a few guys who would be willing to make the trip to Canada for a meet. I can think of at least three and I am the second of the group.

Do you have any idea what month or season this might go down?

Many people have to hand in their vacation pics in Jan, so knowing the area the meet might happen will help.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:55 AM

Talking

Stanbo... maybe you can work with *rudeboy* and sort things out down there.

Prolly during June/July in Niagara Falls (Can Side).

Read my last post, I am thinking of possibly making a new annual meet called *The BIG Meet* for Nissan/Infinity owners.

Email me @ boynblue@rogers.com so we can sort these things out.

Cheers,
KaOz.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

i'm down to handle whatever. we have time so we kinda need to make sumthin that sounds good to everybody. also we should start posting polls at other nissan boards to see how many others we can get involved, i personally would like to go to a track of some sort. KaOz, you think guys would be down for englishtown,nj?

as far as traveling goes there is 6 flags and a drag strip between nyc and the border.

lets lay it down
Old 11-01-2002, 11:24 PM
Contributing Member

I know that we all will try to get something going on for the summer. Its a nice drive up and we'll all try to get a BIG Caravan up there. So we'll be on the case
Old 11-01-2002, 11:54 PM
Contributing Member

alright Import. we gona do the damn thing. all of us. all i know is i wana be in a chuck-caravan-wagon. just so i can see who is willin to keep-up

i have an addiction....

SPEED

especially when the next man is tryin to keep up
Old 11-02-2002, 09:55 AM

Talking MMmmm... Caravan...

Ya, that is exactly what I am talking about. I would love to see (my dream) a good 100 or more cars (if possible) of NISSAN... in a line across the entire highway/freeway!!! OMG!!!

*It would be like the GUMBALL 3000 run but with Nissans!!!* YeAh!!!

Also, I am presently contacting Nissan Ontario and Nissan Canada and trying to see if they will support us - funding and possibly some freebees... as well!

Well, Englishtown, NJ is no problem for me. I assume that an extra few hundred k ain't gonna hurt a Canadian... besides, we are the largest landmass in the world... distance is our FETISH! Haha!

I would like a place which can host 100+ cars, has a race track or drag-strip, hotels/motels, retial stores, and restaurants.

I would also like to have a nice catering service - actually NO... I want a BBQ!!! Yea!!!... for everyone.

Well, let me know.

*rudeboy* - contact Nissan of NJ and of USA and see what they say.

we have 2 choices to pick in terms of location: 1) Niagara Falls (CAN SIDE) & 2) Englishtown, New Jersey (USA).

We need to decide within this month which will be the location where it is gonna be held at! Gimme some input/feeback. Thanks!

More info:
1) Niagara-Falls has no races track of any sort around. So, Englishtown might be better. Let me know.

2) I have posted a message on GTA Sentra club (Toronto Sentra Club) + Contacting Nissan 240SX Club of Ontario.

***Please spread the word***

Official organizers KaOz (me - CAN Side) and *rudeboy* (USA) + StanBo (USA).

Import Fanatix - please work with *rudeboy* and *StanBo* and work things out with them. Each person in charge of something. Thanks.

Email me if you need anything else: boynblue@rogers.com
Old 11-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

actually i think i'll try my hand at aftermarket sponsors. mabey they could set up soms booths. i have a few tricks up my sleeve.

dont forget about watkins glen. a road coure that we can get sick with. hotels in the area as well as camp areas for those Paul Bunyan types

who is wilin to go?
who is willin to spend a little money for track time if we can get on the track at Watkins?
Old 11-02-2002, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

seriouslly... if the hype around this is all that im down for sure... ill take off work etc.. i dont care.. as long as i see about 100 nissans i dont mind at all... and i know we can get a sick caravan between ny and jersey for sure.... then we can meet people on the way or something.. if its in englishtown then its better... its only like 1.5 hours away.. either way ill be down... keep ya fingas crossed
Old 11-03-2002, 12:55 AM
Contributing Member

forget crossin fingers.
we tryin to make this happen
Old 11-03-2002, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

who really decides on the location and date setup ?

Quick Reply: "The Big Meet"...