S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drifting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/)
-   -   What Airforce thinks about Drifting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/what-airforce-thinks-about-drifting-27933/)

Biggamehit 11-03-2005 06:30 PM

What Airforce thinks about Drifting

http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/s...d.php?t=360497

SxDrifstaar 11-03-2005 10:30 PM

they dont talk about it that much eh?

needasr20 11-04-2005 10:46 AM

damn the military is way too good at killing us to care if we wreck our cars.. PRIORITIE'S !!. FOCUS DUMBASSES

phreze 11-04-2005 03:53 PM

lol, so they can go to war but not drift? Yeah who many soilders died drifting so far? How many died in battle? Its funny how they think they can control everything.

Fast1One 11-04-2005 07:13 PM

Wow...that sucks...mixup of priorities indeed...

SxDrifstaar 11-04-2005 11:01 PM

Originally posted by SxDrifstaar
they dont talk about it that much eh?
haha, dang, i FINALLY found out what the fuss was all about....I just din't let the image load up in the first place. instaed i just scrolled down and read the whole gay conversation about drag racing.

l2aine 11-10-2005 03:50 PM

they should stop talking and bomb the Honda Civics

dak2007 11-11-2005 09:15 AM

i'm actually in the air force. the way the military looks at it is they spent a lot of money making us highly trained war fighting individuals. if we are going to die it's going to be while doing our job. if we die any other way then they lost a whole lot of money and that hurts you the tax paying citizen. do i agree with how the military controls every aspect of my life? NO. do i understand the need for the control? yes.

if you look into the UCMJ (uniform code of military justice), military law in other words, it actually says the only way we can have sex is missionary position. they do regulate what we do a lot.

and don't complain about the military not being "allowed" to drift. by them not drifting that means that soldier marine sailor or airman is still alive and you aren't being asked to take his or her place.

none of this is mentioning the underlining fact that this is an all voluntary military. that means every service member voluntarily signed a paper saying they would serve this country and that they would listen to the officers appointed over them. that means if an officer tells you not to drift then you can't drift. that means if an officer tells you to march your happy little a$$ into combat that's what you're going to do. you don't ask questions.

isn't drifting illegal anyways? last time i checked it's considered wreckless driving. so what's the difference between the cops telling you that you can't do it and the military telling me i can't do it?

phreze 11-11-2005 09:48 AM

When/If the draft gets reinstated we will see what people think then. If you want to join the air force/army/navy/etc. good for you. I would never sign up for something thats was going to take 4 years of my life that I would not have contorl over my actions.

Some people may need or want that but not me.

dak2007 11-11-2005 10:00 AM

it's not about giving up control of my life. some of us actually want to protect and defend this country so that our families can be free. it might not be for you but you should thank a military member for joining so their isn't a draft or like in some countries were military service is manditory.

happy Veterans day

GotSmoke? 11-11-2005 12:11 PM

Maybe more people would be willing to serve if they didn't limit the LEGAL activities that you participate in OUTSIDE of work.

I am willing to work a job, I am not willing to sign over my freedom to protect the freedom of other people, that makes ZERO sense...

dak2007 11-11-2005 01:43 PM

if it wasn't for the people willing to give up some freedoms you wouldn't even be able to say that. that is one of the most selfish things i have ever heard.

iluvdrifting 11-11-2005 06:10 PM

i'm with l2aine bomb those damn civics

phreze 11-12-2005 07:15 AM

I'm not saying I'm not glad there are people who are willing to go, I have had friends go to the air force/marines/navy you name it. I can even understand why you have to sign a contract, first trouble and weak people would go packing.

If worst comes to worst send me an m4a1 and I'll fight the terrorist right in my backyard.

Enlefo 11-13-2005 03:46 AM

I think giving up some of your freedoms to help serve the community is admirable... doing so when the people telling you what to do are focused on making money and taking over the world... is foolish.

needasr20 11-16-2005 11:35 AM

Originally posted by dak2007
i'm actually in the air force. the way the military looks at it is they spent a lot of money making us highly trained war fighting individuals. if we are going to die it's going to be while doing our job. if we die any other way then they lost a whole lot of money and that hurts you the tax paying citizen. do i agree with how the military controls every aspect of my life? NO. do i understand the need for the control? yes.

if you look into the UCMJ (uniform code of military justice), military law in other words, it actually says the only way we can have sex is missionary position. they do regulate what we do a lot.

and don't complain about the military not being "allowed" to drift. by them not drifting that means that soldier marine sailor or airman is still alive and you aren't being asked to take his or her place.

none of this is mentioning the underlining fact that this is an all voluntary military. that means every service member voluntarily signed a paper saying they would serve this country and that they would listen to the officers appointed over them. that means if an officer tells you not to drift then you can't drift. that means if an officer tells you to march your happy little a$$ into combat that's what you're going to do. you don't ask questions.

isn't drifting illegal anyways? last time i checked it's considered wreckless driving. so what's the difference between the cops telling you that you can't do it and the military telling me i can't do it?

i was in the army as a telecommunications tech.. and what your saying about the military trying to save it's highly trained soldiers is something i have to dissagree with..i wasnt at the top of my class nor at the bottom from ait but that didnt seem to matter once we got to our first assignments. the equiptment was different the rules changed. and we all felt pretty stupid staring at equiptment our sgt's thought we would have already known. so highly trained.. i dont think so

about ucmj and sex.. what i do behind closed doors or in my commanding officers office is none of his business i'm not hurting anyone .unless she liked it hehe

who has died drifting? maybe someone has .. but i havent heard about it yet..

this is a volunteer army .. but it would be nice if the army didnt try to sugar coat the entire thing when trying to get ppl in.. they dont tell you things straight up at the recruiters your drill sgt's are on a power trip. and by the time you get to ait and your learning how the army works in reality you cant wait to get out
so for this volunteer army everyone should know that you'll spend lots of time picking up trash buffing floors and shining and startching your uniform.. oh did i mention none of that makes you combat effective in any way shape or form.. plus you have to buy new uniforms before you go to combat b/c startch and kiwi in large amounts restricts airflow..

oh drifting isnt illegal if you do it on the track.. and the military doesnt want you to drift period whether your doing it legally or not.. they dont want you to do it .

BAM military sucks

needasr20 11-16-2005 02:26 PM

sorry went through twice..

btw i'm not anti military.. i just dont think they should have that much control over your life.. men and women have already signed their life away what more should they give

SxDrifstaar 11-17-2005 09:34 AM

yea, i haven't heard much about death tolls dues to drifting other than kids on the touge flying off cliffsides. but i did see a drift video of a guy in his bmw step out of his car while doing donuts and running himself over to death. but c'mon, just don't hit the touge, and don't run yourself over.

and if it is your own business what you do behind closed doors, they should have closed door drift events? haha that'd be cool if it dint sound so hard to pull off. maybe a compound structure?

240sx400r 11-17-2005 10:37 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
they should stop talking and bomb the Honda Civics
HAH! that's what they should do!!

DARKEST_HOUR 11-17-2005 03:45 PM

http://www.d1gp.com/flyers/dec17_flyer_t.gif
WTF Airforce :anger2:

Biggamehit 11-17-2005 04:48 PM

gotdammit, i need my career to kick off so i can have money to make those far away events. shiiit..

needasr20 11-21-2005 04:11 AM

Originally posted by DARKEST_HOUR
http://www.d1gp.com/flyers/dec17_flyer_t.gif
WTF Airforce :anger2:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG I DONT ****ING UNDERSTAND NOW..I'M COMFUSSSSSSSSED AND SAD

dak2007 11-21-2005 02:13 PM

it's called recruiting. let's think about this for a minute. the average age of people who are into drifting, racing, or fixing up their car i would say is 17-28. you can join the military between the ages of 18 and 26. if you were looking for people between ages 18 and 26 don't you think that's a good place to look? they might not condone it but they will go there and try to feed you some crap to get you to join the military. i almost garantee the best line they could use there would be "if you join the military then we pay all your bills so you can spend your intire paycheck on your car if you want."

DARKEST_HOUR 11-21-2005 05:37 PM

Yea, damn D1 . . .whats next Marlboro

needasr20 12-04-2005 10:14 AM

but thats pure hypocracy.. how do you promote and lead someone into your branch and then take that very thing you got them in with and prevent them from enjoying what i think is the funnest motorsport ...double standards,hypocrits,liers.. sucks thats what the world is made of..sad thing is somehow they get away with it . tell you the truth.. the military has been reading all these posts .. IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST KOOL PPL!! and now this will be my last post .. they are gonna hire a hitman to kill me in my sleep and silence my voice b/c i'm not falling into a hynotic trans from every army a/f navy and marines commercial I see on tv..have a good life guys.

phreze 12-04-2005 11:33 AM

Yeah, many jobs pay alot of money of have you trained nad they still don't control your life. Kuods to the people who protect this country and what we stand for. But if you agree with what they do and believe that the government should control outside activites not pretaining to work then go to North Korea and give your freedoms up there.

JDM INSPIRED 12-19-2005 01:05 AM

Freedom = :thumb: Control = :(

l2aine 12-19-2005 01:15 AM

LMAO at D1 they had some super hidden recruiting speech during the opening ceremonies.

"Yew lak gowin fast side ways??? Try an Air Force jit!!!"

STEPz 12-19-2005 05:40 AM

ironic.. haha

man.. i didn't care.. i got some free stuff off of the airforce peeps hahahahaha

backpack, pencil, mug.... et cetera..... hahahahhaha i was at the d1 too!!! it was my first d1 event... man.. i got a natrual high watching them drift!! all i could focus on was the drifting!!! oh and the freakin coldness hahaha

Biggamehit 12-19-2005 10:17 AM

Wel im in the Air Force now, not due to D1 though. i leave for Basic training in a couple months

dak2007 12-19-2005 01:27 PM

i'm sorry biggamehit. what's your job? basic is hella easy. when you get there and they are handing out additional duties volunteer for laundry crew or crome polisher. i know that sounds stupid but belive me those are the 2 jobs you want. and for heavens sake if it starts getting down to it and you don't have a job yet do not and i repeat do not let yourself get picked for latreen detail.

Biggamehit 12-19-2005 03:59 PM

The job i selected was mechcanical work on special vehicals. I aced the mechanical sections of the asvab.

when we do the dream location sheet, im putting overseas bases only. I wanna get out of the states.

dak2007 12-19-2005 05:12 PM

doesn't mean that you'll go over seas. there going to send you where they need you.

Ayuaddict 12-19-2005 06:35 PM

hahaha...that sucksssss...im lovin the hypocracy as well...good $hit...now id be pissed if the US airforce tried to ban drifting in okinawa period...but they cant...but as long as my japanese people can drift its all good...and hey the tracks wont be as crowded now...lol....aight thats my 2 cents...have a nice day