S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Drifting (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/)
-   -   Wing Question? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/drifting-47/wing-question-39567/)

91240SXGuy 06-03-2007 03:32 AM

Wing Question?

what's a good adjustable drift wing for a 91 LE fast back? HELP!!!!

ryguy 06-03-2007 08:23 AM

ROFL Drift wing?! Thats like an oxymoron you dont need a wing to drift, if anything its gonna hurt you. But if you insist these people are experts at choosing wings. They can definately help you. www.honda-tech.com

91240SXGuy 06-03-2007 09:31 AM

I need a wing that is going to help give down force when I'm turning.

ryguy 06-03-2007 10:09 AM

What kind of racing do you need this wing for? Drift, autoX, track?

sr91240 06-03-2007 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy (Post 319495)
ROFL Drift wing?! Thats like an oxymoron you dont need a wing to drift, if anything its gonna hurt you. But if you insist these people are experts at choosing wings. They can definately help you. www.honda-tech.com

lol honda tech a wing wont help you in drifting or normal driving unless you always are at the auto x track i wouldnt get one, but i have one for sale if you want it though :D

clubredsilvia 06-03-2007 07:01 PM

first of all, you allready have about 1200 pounds of pressure on your back wheels. some cheesy-ass wing isn't going to achieve anything except getting flamed on.

- kouki type-x, wangun, or death

MS!3 06-03-2007 08:01 PM

oem, wangan, gt. thats about it. dont support your local pep boys.

RuizXIII 06-03-2007 08:28 PM

Donny Jackson knows about the dope ass wings..hehehe j/p
yeah seriously no GT wings unless your making alot of power and need to keep the rear planted with the downforce.

ryguy 06-03-2007 08:34 PM

A big ass wing wont do a DAMN thing unless you're going like 80mph. Wings are pointless even for autocross. Speeds are too slow to make a difference, except to create drag and extra weight that will slow your car down.

MS!3 06-03-2007 08:38 PM

i said gt for looks also. dope ass wheels with nice aero and an adjustable gt wing. weather your actally going to be usuing it or not is ****in hott. but yea, moving along.....

jramosthe1st! 06-03-2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy (Post 319573)
A big ass wing wont do a DAMN thing unless you're going like 80mph. Wings are pointless even for autocross. Speeds are too slow to make a difference, except to create drag and extra weight that will slow your car down.

i think it's more like +30mph for the wing to be of any use. but yeah the honda tech guys must really know something, otherwise why would you want to generate down force on the rear of a fwd car. :dunno: (i'm being sarcastic)

codyille 06-04-2007 05:29 PM

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said drift wing!!!!!

battosaii930 06-04-2007 08:24 PM

oh ya and ive been to 2 porshe sponsered Auto-x's that i have been a top speed of 120.. or maybe 130 i dunno damn my spedo for stopping at 120:complain:

Initial Daniel 06-07-2007 07:25 AM

For drifting, I don't think spoilers are as important as other things like your tires, suspension, etc. It really just becomes a cosmetic part when all is said and done.

I'd say you should probably save up and get something that would really help...

USMCDrifter 06-07-2007 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by RuizXIII (Post 319570)
Donny Jackson knows about the dope ass wings..hehehe j/p
yeah seriously no GT wings unless your making alot of power and need to keep the rear planted with the downforce.

Saw this . . .had to quote it . . . .HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Man DJ's gonna crush you!

GT wings . . .spoilers in general are purely cosmetic in 11 out of 12 cases. They just simply don't do enough for a street car to be effective in any situation. You have to understand something called vehicular dynamics. You can have an ironing board on the back of your car, but if more air goes under your car than on that wing, then you are negating the purpose of having a wing!

YES I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, THIS IS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING!

Just had to throw that in there because I've heard lots of excuses when it comes to reasonings as to why people put these massive diving boards on the backs of their cars.

Anyhow, especially with drifting, on a car thats more street driven, ESPECIALLY on your average car that's non-chassis-tuned . . .you're going to see little to NO advantages of using a wing when drifting. It'd would be solely for aesthetics and in my opinion would be in poor taste.

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 319595)
i think it's more like +30mph for the wing to be of any use. but yeah the honda tech guys must really know something, otherwise why would you want to generate down force on the rear of a fwd car. :dunno:

Once again, even though a wing will collect and utilize the forcing air from a 30mph sprint, I will have to bring back up the notion of vehicle dynamics and body tuning. 10 out of 12 of your average "racer" doesn't know anything about those and thus are simply putting a wing on because "Race Cars" have them and that's what they think will look cool or make their car better, when in actually it does neither of the two.

Originally Posted by battosaii930 (Post 319706)
oh ya and ive been to 2 porshe sponsered Auto-x's that i have been a top speed of 120.. or maybe 130 i dunno damn my spedo for stopping at 120:complain:

I hope you're being facetious . . . .if you're not. . . .we have to talk.

-Stig