Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

Clutch Pedal Strength

Old 11-10-2006, 03:43 PM

Clutch Pedal Strength

Ok I replaced my stock clutch and flywheel with a heavyduty pressure plate stage 3 6 puch clutch and 11 lb flywheel new piolot bearing and throw out bearing...I put 500 miles on the break in and I got into it and it doesnt feel any faster as matter of fact it feels still stock? Im confused.

My brother bought a stage 1 Kit and his was ripping in 3rd gear...But he has an acura integra.

Is it becuase Rwd has pwr train loss compared to Fwd?But still his was stage 1 mine is stage 3

And also I have been noticing a clicking sound when I push down my clutch pedal feels like a worn out spring or something.

I want to make my clutch pedal reallly strong I hate how weak it feels I have tried replacing the fluid and bleeding the lines but the pedal is still week compared to my brothers..I kno its becuase we have a Hydraulic clutch andmy bros is a cable clutch (that can be adjusted)

Can I buy an after market slave cylinder to give me a nice stiff Pedal? and I heard something about removing a Box or clutch box or something like that does any one kno what this means?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

you can remove the dampening line...maybe you didnt install it correctly, is it slipping? what brands did u get? are you bleeding it correctly?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:25 PM

hmmm dampening line where is that at and does it mess your car up when you remove it?...Im pretty sure I installed it right and its a some ebay brank clutch Xtd or something its not that bad my brother has loved his now for about a year and it made a huge diffrnce in his car and my buddy mikes is bad *** in his S13 he hase the stage 2 but mine feels nothing liek theres....I torqued the flywheel and pressure plate and everything Im pretty sure I installed it right maybe I shopuld take it apart and redo it....Give me directions though on the dampenin line removal and what is the dampening line? where is it located?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

http://garage.projectraine.com/

got o page to in "my garage guides" and its the bottom one that says removing the clutch dampener, click the pic and enjoy