Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

clutch problem help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 10:47 PM

clutch problem help needed!

so my stock clutch dies and i attempt to install a new one(exedy). Everything is in place, but my friend told me the old pivot ball or bearing does not need to be replaced so i left that alone. Everything is on accordingly. No leaks whatsoever. The fork on the tranny and the throw out bearing are working fine. The slave's piston is working fine as well. I've bled the slave cylinder multiple times and the clutch pedal feels like it should. The problem is that the car will not go in gear while the car is on unless I force it in. When the car is off it goes in gear like it should. The flywheel looks fine. When i try to put the car in gear (like barely touching 1st gear for instance, because it cant go in gear) the rear tires spin while the clutch is still depressed. When i let go of the clutch, the engine does not die. Also, this is my first time trying a clutch job so i didnt really know which way to put the clutch on. Once one side didnt work, i tried the other. I've taken the tranny off twice and it is getting tiring. What is wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Btw its a 91 240sx.