Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 09:43 AM

recommendations

I've searched, and checked over a lot of the topics in here (I have cable, its fast) and I still cant really find what I'm looking for...

I need a new clutch, badly. like, its so worn and out of adjustment that I have to push it to the floor, and even then it sometimes grinds going into gear, as it doesnt disengage all the way.

I'm looking for a pretty stiff clutch, but it has to still be somewhat streetable. I drive hard, I plan on upgrading a lot this summer, and I need it to handle the extra power and grip from LSD and wider tires. I want a clutch that engages stiffer than OEM, but not so bad that I'm getting leg cramps trying to drive it, or stalling when I'm trying to parallel park. it needs to engage hard when the power is on, I'm sick of my friends honduhs breaking the tires loose in between gears, where my 240 just goes 'buhhhh' when I shift. my price range is 250 to 400, and I'm running the stock flywheel.

the car is street driven about 40 percent of the time... and even then, its locked on cruise at 85mph when I'm going to my girlfriends. I'm willing to sacrifice easy engagement for better performance.

I will be putting on the stiffer tranny mounts, engine mounts, short shifter, LSD, and maybe a lighter flywheel this summer.

what are you running, how does it hold up, and hows the engagement feel. right now I'm leaning towards the centerforce dual friction or stage II, or an ACT 6 puck or heavy street clutch. the Exedy stage I and II clutches caught my eye, but I dont know much about them or their reliability.

any recommendations?

thanks

edit: how are the unorthodox racing 6 puck stage II kits?

and I know the centerforce units dont come with the bearings... which ones are needed for a complete replacement?

Last edited by twofortyessex; 04-08-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:47 AM

anybody? come on, I know some of you are running some of these clutches, and YES I have searched... maybe I'm not looking in the right place?