Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

Shifter Install B&M

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:15 PM

Shifter Install B&M

Did a search, but didn't find the exact answer I was looking for. Got a B&M on the way, and I know the PDF says that the front two bolts are accessable through under the chassis.

But, what I'm wanting to know if its possible to get the front two bolts out from inside the car. I'd really like to leave the car on the ground (for a fast install). I'm thinking with a 12mm ratcheting wrench this might be possible. Anyone else done this?

Should have the shifter this week in hand and doing this install wed/thurs. Also have a 20th aniv Maxima **** comming as well. Should look great.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

yeah, i have a nismo Short shifter on the way ....
I thought you could do everything inside the car, although i haven't researched it at all.

I sure hope it comes with directions!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:47 AM

The front bolts are hard to get to from inside the car, but it is possible with the right wrench (ratcheting type make it a hell of a lot easier).
Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 AM

Thats what I plan on using, a ratcheting wrench. I figured it would be the easiest way to do it from inside the car, since I can't see the bolts physically.

Will let everyone know this week. Shifter has been shipped. Now if my shift **** would get on its way, I'd be happy.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 AM

Originally posted by Cape 240
yeah, i have a nismo Short shifter on the way ....
I thought you could do everything inside the car, although i haven't researched it at all.

I sure hope it comes with directions!
I hope you are not reffering to the "nismo short shifter" that is sold on eBay. Cause its not a real nismo product.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 PM

Old 11-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

i tried to get to the front two with a regular 12mm from the inside and busted a couple knuckles. you should do it from under the car.

took me 2+ hours yet some people say 25 minutes is all you need.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:37 AM

Originally posted by Waynehead05
i tried to get to the front two with a regular 12mm from the inside and busted a couple knuckles. you should do it from under the car.

took me 2+ hours yet some people say 25 minutes is all you need.
Ratcheting Wrench = the win.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

yeah i got the nismo shifter off ebay ...
It can't not be nismo, it says it right on the shifter. That would be perjury and Patent violation.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8011701151
If it turns out not to be genuine NISMO, we have some serious issues. I'm at wit's end w/ these people now due to shipping issues.

PS. Take pics of the bolts you're talking about, b/c i have no idea what you guys are reffering too. I should have no problem though, i have every tool you could possibly need.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:37 PM

It's not real Nismo, there was a thread a little while ago about it. Your not going to get a Nismo shifter brand new for $50 anywhere. Nismo doesn't even offer a short throw shifter, they offer a solid shifter.

And for the ebay shifter, I don't think you will have to worry about the bolts because I don't think it replaces the shifter plate

Last edited by Bryan; 11-17-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:38 PM

Correct, that is NOT a Nismo shifter. Nismo shifters are solid black, and are solid shifters not short shifters.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

i just got it today. It does replace the plate, at least it looks it.

It has to be NISMO, if it says it on the product.
Its against the law for them to sell it when it says NISMO right on it if its not really nismo. Unless nismo has no patent on it.

???
Name:  DSC02419.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  28.3 KB
Name:  DSC02417.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  63.1 KB

Last edited by Cape 240; 11-18-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:36 PM

That does NOT replace the plate. My B&M replaces the plate. Look at my shifter picture and you will see.

And NO that is NOT a true Nismo shifter. I don't care if it says Hitchamatichiknilkie on it. Nissan is not going to take the time out to sue thousands upon thousands of retailers making a false product.

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...=nismo+shifter

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/bb...hp?brand=NISMO

Greenline is a company based out of Japan and sells REAL solid shifters. They are at the bottom of the interior section. Look at the quick shift kit. That is a TRUE Nismo SOLID shifter kit.

You are not a newb here, so I doubt you are making this convo just rile up the shifter world. Do a search even on this site, and you will see/read/learn that is NOT a nismo shifter. But, it does look good, hope you have some luck with it, but I'm willing to bet I'll have 1000x more luck with my B&M. With aftermarket car parts you get what you pay for.

In other news, my 20th aniv. Maxima Shift **** came in today. Wow, this thing is gonna look great.

Last edited by Purple240; 11-18-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by Purple240
That does NOT replace the plate. My B&M replaces the plate. Look at my shifter picture and you will see.

And NO that is NOT a true Nismo shifter. I don't care if it says Hitchamatichiknilkie on it. Nissan is not going to take the time out to sue thousands upon thousands of retailers making a false product.

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...=nismo+shifter

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/bb...hp?brand=NISMO

Greenline is a company based out of Japan and sells REAL solid shifters. They are at the bottom of the interior section. Look at the quick shift kit. That is a TRUE Nismo SOLID shifter kit.

You are not a newb here, so I doubt you are making this convo just rile up the shifter world. Do a search even on this site, and you will see/read/learn that is NOT a nismo shifter. But, it does look good, hope you have some luck with it, but I'm willing to bet I'll have 1000x more luck with my B&M. With aftermarket car parts you get what you pay for.

In other news, my 20th aniv. Maxima Shift **** came in today. Wow, this thing is gonna look great.

Hate to break it to ya Cape but its bootleg, fake, generic, not Nismo...

Like I said, you got that for around $50 from ebay, phase2motortrend sells the real Nismo solid shifter for $219, that should tell you its fake. And just because it says Nismo on it doesn't make it real, alot of people think they have Nismo steering wheels when its just some generic ebay wheel with a fake Nismo horn button.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

oh well, i should've serached before i bought it. I get excited when i go on ebay, lol. I feel like a kid in a candy store.
I'm not worried though, as long as the throw is shorter, and it fits good. As you can tell, i wasn't paying for brand-name, i kind of got caught in the moment while perusing ebay, and said wtf its only 60 bucks why not.

Hopefully it shifts nicely. I know that holding it in my hands it has a really nice weight to it. It is good-quality here, we'll see how it goes in the car, hopefully i'll be putting it in sunday. I'll let you guys know.

Nice shift **** man! I need to find one too..
Anyone know where to find some nice thread-on *****? I dan't want some ****ty allen ****.

Quick Reply: Shifter Install B&M