Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

ummm...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:06 PM

ummm...

so i was looking for the spot where the clutch pedal bolts up in my car and there is a green box mounted(with wires going to it) where the clutch pedal looks like it would mount to. wat is that? and just for reference, do i need to hook up any of those snesors on the manual tranny? the guy i bought it from said i only need to hook up the speedo sensor and the rest are not needed.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:41 PM

Does the green box say seatbelt timer on it? If so its what chimes when you have your seat belt unpluged. Just relocate it to the fuse box area behind the kick panel.

Or are you talking about the sensor mounted to the clutch pedal itself. If so all that does is when clutch is pressed allows you to start the car. If that is what you are talking about when unhooked you can start the car without pushing in the clutch. Hope that helps.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:22 PM

my car is auto right now(til saturday). so the green box is mounted where the clutch pedal SHOULD mount to. the seat belt thing was my first guess but just wanted to make sure. still unsure if i need to hook up those sensors or not. some ppl say yes, some say no. im confused ....
Old 01-06-2005, 05:14 AM

I hear ya. My 240 was an auto also. And did the conversion. The only sensor I didnt hook up was the sensor that reads for the clutch being engaged before startup. But I left the seat belt timer hooked up and just relocated it.