Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

check out this crazy azz swap!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:33 PM

Thumbs up check out this crazy azz swap!!!!!!!!!

this is one great swap for those looking to stay import but get away from the tiypical swaps on the 240sx's, and have parts avaliable in the US. this is great for being different, setting your self apart from the rest. Presenting the 3.0 2jzgte twin turbo nissan 300sx/supr-sx.what yall think???

Last edited by sleighty; 03-05-2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Seen it before, still love it.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member

That's an older 2JZ isn't it? Toyota makes great engines too...they just don't make the great car to fit around the engine...IE it's sad to see a 900hp car that can't even break a 10.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:07 AM

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
That's an older 2JZ isn't it? Toyota makes great engines too...they just don't make the great car to fit around the engine...IE it's sad to see a 900hp car that can't even break a 10.
uneducated statement ^^^^
Old 03-06-2004, 08:25 AM

what car makes 900hp and can't break the 10's?????? a mack truck....lol
Old 03-06-2004, 04:04 PM

i dont' understand why somebody would put a toyota motor in a nissan, why not put a rb26 in.. yeah i realize the motor is illegal in the US, but having a different manufacturer's motor in a car be illegal? i dunno maybe its just a track car or show judging by the paint. also the engine is a little bigger, but still. i dont' know much about the rb26 but i know that supras were always better from a roll when racing instead of from a dig. inform me please.

i'm sure the car can easily get a 10 sec pass or better, the s13 is definitely lighter than the supra which is like 3200lbs or somewhere around there i believe.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:15 PM

One would say that a supra wouldn't run 10's with 900hp cause of the idiot drivers behind the wheel. Given a competent driver with the 6 speed and 900hp you could easily hit mid 9's, IE ryan woon of WOTM runs 9.6 in his 6 speed supra. Auto tranny supras are different, with 900hp they could be down in the low 9's high 8's with the right driver/tranny/convertor setup. They don;t like to squat to get traction, they aren't set up for it, but who really cares what supras can do though, we aren't talking about supras here.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:53 PM

first time ive seen the swap done, its still a sweet looking engine
Old 03-06-2004, 10:27 PM

first of all this car is street legal because the motor and car are both avalible in the US. The car will need to be registerunder a kit car but it will be street legal and pass smog test and regiteration test for state stickers. next why go to a different manufacturer? because the the vg30 sucks azz and the nissan dealership will not touch a rb. yes the vg30dett can produce 280hp but tq comes in very late in the power band. on the other hand the stock 2jzgtte is rated at 280hp and tq comes in very early in the power band due to the vvti, and actually makes around 320hp. Finally aftermarket parts are readly avalible for the toyota without major over seas shipping costs and delays... No the car in the pic is not a show or track car it is daily driven... It is much much more expensive than a rb25det swap but around the same as a rb20dett swap, yet the toyota yeilds more power and practical potental...
Old 03-06-2004, 10:35 PM

the 2jz is a hell of a lot more expensive. didnt' know that those motors had vvti so i guess i did learn a little something.. since i didn't from the rest cuz i was asking about the rb26 not the 20 or 25.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:49 PM

cost on a stock rb26dett awd setup and maintience on a 240 is well over the cost of a 2jzgtte set up with 700+hp from www.kfgspeed.com and is still sevicable and daily driven is. you choose your potion or posion... both are the top of the class, but if you're in the US then one is legal everwhere and one is illegal and hard to find insurance to cover.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by 240chz
why not put a rb26 in.. yeah i realize the motor is illegal in the US, but having a different manufacturer's motor in a car be illegal?

Since when was an RB "illegal" in the entire US? I mean i may be wrong, but aren't the emissions illegal, not the motor? Take into account that there are motors manufactured that claim more Horsepower than an RB motor, and are legal in the US, So I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with speed or horsepower. And i'm pretty sure its California only where it's emissions aren't legal. I've never heard of motor being illegal to put in another car either.

Its all about emissions baby, welcome to Cali

Last edited by rps13VEk; 03-08-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by 240chz
i dont' understand why somebody would put a toyota motor in a nissan, why not put a rb26 in.. yeah i realize the motor is illegal in the US, but having a different manufacturer's motor in a car be illegal? i dunno maybe its just a track car or show judging by the paint. also the engine is a little bigger, but still. i dont' know much about the rb26 but i know that supras were always better from a roll when racing instead of from a dig. inform me please.

i'm sure the car can easily get a 10 sec pass or better, the s13 is definitely lighter than the supra which is like 3200lbs or somewhere around there i believe.
if you knew about the whole story they started out with a sr20det and that wasnt enough. so they moved to a rb20 then the 25 i think and then on to the rb26dett and that still wasnt enough or reliable enough with the power they wanted so they went to the toyota engine and are happy.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by rps13VEk
Since when was an RB "illegal" in the entire US? I mean i may be wrong, but aren't the emissions illegal, not the motor? Take into account that there are motors manufactured that claim more Horsepower than an RB motor, and are legal in the US, So I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with speed or horsepower. And i'm pretty sure its California only where it's emissions aren't legal. I've never heard of motor being illegal to put in another car either.

Its all about emissions baby, welcome to Cali
i thought it had to do with the rb engines were never used in the states meaning they were never dot approved?
if you want a legal rb engine im pretty sure i read you could get one through motoRex and pay a TON to have it "legalized".
Old 03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Nismo241
One would say that a supra wouldn't run 10's with 900hp cause of the idiot drivers behind the wheel. Given a competent driver with the 6 speed and 900hp you could easily hit mid 9's, IE ryan woon of WOTM runs 9.6 in his 6 speed supra. Auto tranny supras are different, with 900hp they could be down in the low 9's high 8's with the right driver/tranny/convertor setup. They don;t like to squat to get traction, they aren't set up for it, but who really cares what supras can do though, we aren't talking about supras here.
Well, besides the fact that AZ has a HUGE supra population with several 900hp members....it's rare to see a supra break a 10 second 1/4...not because of the driver. I've seen supra after supra 800-900hp running a 10.3-10.8 because frankly they're hogs. Supras are great cars, they weigh a ton and their powerband isn't as awesome as it should be, but they're still awesome machines. Look at your avg 900hp supra and they don't run 9's....they run 10's with good slicks. People as advanced as Ryan Woon have about 1000hp and nitrous spooled turbos, tubbed out rears and slicks bigger than the a$$ end of my 240....

Quick Reply: check out this crazy azz swap!!!!!!!!!