Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

CLUSTERfU@K

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 07:18 AM

CLUSTERfU@K

heres the deal:

my 89 ka24e broke so swapped in a 91 ka24de with 54k. swap finished last week. car runs but rich. the idle sucks. timing needs to be set. in trying to figure out what's wrong i found some articles in the faq section of ********** which led me to look at the throttle position sensor. my friend took some readings and they values were the reverse of what they should be according the info i found. so ben took a plug off the sohc harness and reverse wired it so the readings would be correct. the car started and still ran crappy but a little bit better. but now it wont start. it responds but wont turn over.

i also found some info regarding the iaa valve. does anyone have any experience with this? btw...my tach doesnt work either due to the swap.

i go thru gas like a trucker and the gas pedal is so sensitive that between that and the idle, if i hit a bump or something in the road and my foot pressure changes slightly, the car starts jerking.

now i need to go get her inspected but will fail emissions with it running this way. does anyone have any suggestions, ideas or whatever on what to do. is something simple being overlooked? i just want my 240 back...
Old 02-24-2003, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

Are you still using the SOHC tach? I know the signal is different concerning sr swaps. Most have to swap to a DOHC tach so they can get the signal.

I will look around for other people that have done this swap.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:44 AM

yeah i still use the sohc tach (the signal is different) and i would love to put in a dohc guage cluster but need the money to get it running properly first.