Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

engine swap questions/1/4mile time after engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 07:42 AM

engine swap questions/1/4mile time after engine swap

i am planning to get a 93 240sx if there any seller please pm me
i locate in new york

ok here are my engien swap questions:
1. which engine should i get s13,14 or 15???
prices is not the problem i want to know which one out of this three is better then the other and why?

2.1/4mile time
if you guys did a s13,s14 or s15 engine swap can u please post the 1/4mile time you have i just wonder how fast are the silvia in 1/4mile

3.Is it possible to keep up with the WRX?
mmmm stock SR engine VS stock WRX engine
i know is different level of cars but is a questions

4.can i smoke a civic si hahaha i dun know i dun like civic

5. how many hp is best for drifting??

6. anyone want to give me a list of cars you had race win or lose

7. i am a devil hahahahaha a very evil silvia newbie watch me and my car advance and grow

is ok for you guys to leave and opinions in this forum

i am a newbie i am willing to learn more about silvia
Old 09-08-2003, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

W/ S13 sr u will se mid 14's...MAYBE 13's if u got sum suspension and good driver. Uhmm with the S14...u will see low 14's probably. You should go with a S15 engine swap kus it seems to be a ***** to get done. Well the S14 engine has a lil more power then the S13 SR..but its about a grand more. With that money u can probably get more HP then the S14....U will win againts a WRX if he is a HORRIBLE driver. Its AWD and has more power...u will not win. They usually run 13's. u will kill any civic and integ (unless they got a good turbo set up then it might be a lil harder) For drifting there isnt any ideal HP..But the stock SR is great start. i wouldnt go anything over 350HP. Thats enough for Drifting.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:26 AM

-HyJynX- is probably the best guy in this forum listening to everybody problems and give them good answer

hehe now i have some other question

1.can i boost 350hp out from the s14 motor???

2.is there any silvia run low 12 or even 11

3. since the s15 is a pain to put in i guess s14 is not a bad idea
i e-mail srswap see how much the s14 and s15 is goign to cost since they are right around my area

thankz

leave more opinions i want to listen from multi- people
thank you thank you
Old 09-08-2003, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Its not that hard to get it up to 350hp..Thats the limit..Anything higher then 370 is kinda pushing the SR and might blow on u so watch out. There are Silvias that run 11's...12's...10s probably. You just gatta have the right engine in for that. I try my best to help people out
Old 09-08-2003, 10:42 AM

-HyJynX- SO WHEN U MEAN 13'S FOR THE S13 AND S14 YOU MEAN THE STOCK ENGINE WITHOUT ENGINE MOD RIGHT?
Old 09-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Yea or minor mods, like bolt on ones. For 1/4 mile suspension is a biggy so if u do sum suspension upgrades it will help out ur time.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:55 AM

-HyJynX- what kinda of car u are driving ???
s13? s14?
my goal is to keep up with WRX
the reason i want to do that cause there are mad WRX racer in NY **** i been racing with them for too long i want to win haha

let's say i am going to do a s14 swap if i upgrade my turbo should i upgrade my engine internal as well?
cause in the srswap.com it said i can't run higher then 13psi which i guess is around 250rwhp and what do i have to do to get 350rwhp thankz again for answering my newbie questions
Old 09-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

Im driving...or should i say have a 89 240 hatchback..im still doin my swap..it got postponed cus of sum things that came up. To get up around 350..Upgraded downpipe..3" or 3.5" exahust piping..Intake..Upgrade fuel injectors..Nice big turbo...more boost...custom turbo manifold. Uhmm i cant think of anything else right now..for 350hp u dont really need to change any internals..but it would help ya out. The stock interanls can hold that power..its proven
Old 09-09-2003, 04:42 AM
Contributing Member

Where in NY are you, I would be willing to do the swap for you. Send me an email and lets talk, I guarantee I am cheaper than anyone else. I swapped an RB25DET into my 89 240SX coupe just recently and I am in Albany.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:11 AM

jonpowell- i live in long island new york
do u have picture of the rb swap???
i dun mind drive to your shop
how much is going to cost me to do a s14 or s15 swap
post the price here so everybody could see bring you more customer hehe
Old 09-09-2003, 06:26 AM
Contributing Member

Check out this thread http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums...threadid=24851 and scroll down to see pictures of my car. It is in the process of getting a new head now so I cant send you any completed pictures with it together, but I did paint the cam covers black and the top of the intake plenum body color. I am thinking around $1000 would cover the labor to install, everyone else wants closer to $1500. I will install everything you want for that price, unless you want to replace engine internals. It would definately be more for that. Send me an email and let me know if you are interested. I dont want to find the motor for you, I will leave that up to you. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a ft clip unless you plan on going with a front mount intercooler. Talk to me before you buy though. If you are interested, send me an email at jbpowell@nycap.rr.com.
Attached Thumbnails engine swap questions/1/4mile time after engine swap-installed.jpg  
Old 09-09-2003, 06:35 AM

About your forum

You have the exact idea that i do b/c i want a 240 w/ a s13 front end and engine swap.
yea i would go with the s13 front end.
you dont really need that much horspower for drifting b/c if you have to o much HP you are able to spin out alot, and not enough HP will keep you from drifting the right way.
So you need around 300 to 400 HP but no more than 450 HP b/c it will bee far to powerful.

if you will email me back i can get my friends email and give it too you b/c he know anything and everything about drifting and any car you want b/c he has studied this for like 4 or 5 years now.
and he has a 1991 240sx.

email me at iam99x@hotmail.com
Old 09-09-2003, 07:13 AM

jonpowell-
can u get me the engine too?
or i will have to find a front clip or engien myself??

nos-
yup 89-93 is the best looking silvia
hehe but i want a s15 front conversion that makes me more hahahahaahahahahaa
Old 09-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

I could probably locate one for you, but I cant guarantee the best price there. Try Venus-auto.com. Look around and let me know if you are serious. I have a CA18DET install scheduled for the near future and maybe I could do yours right after. Email me so we can continue this without wasting everyone elses time. If you want the S15 conversion, I might be able to help you there also.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon,
Jon
Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 AM

thankz jon
u have a bodyshop??? just wonder
i called venus auto already they dun have s14 engine in stock
i will e-mail u when i find a engine
and for the s15 i kinda of have a bodyshop in mind already but thankz

Quick Reply: engine swap questions/1/4mile time after engine swap