Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Going 240sx RB25DET

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 03:49 PM

Going 240sx RB25DET

Alright heres the deal , I am a racer , And most of the cars i have owned do non Equal up to the power of my friends 240sx with RB26DETT swap . So this is the deal , He did the swap and a couple people on his team helped him they got it done in a week. They are going to get me a nice RB25DET motor for 2500 and help me install it for free. Since they have already swaped a 26 this will be cake for them. I will learn alot while this is done. So here comes the hard part FINDING a 240sx that is cheap with not alot of body damage , that is going for cheap . Im looking for the 98 body style not the hatch styleThat comment tells me you know nothing and need to leave-Levi. I have tryed cars.com and a few other sites from google and all the 240sx's are around 8000... With around 100k miles ... Thats going to kill me right there i will then have to wait a while to get the motor for the swap... Any suggestions while looking for a 240sx?

heres a video of my friends 240sx racing a 10 second civic. He gave him 3 cars.

Your story is fake, you have no idea what a 240 is. I didnt watch your video, i assume is was a street race with is not allowed. Leave and never comeback.

Levi

Last edited by Levi SPL S14; 02-28-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Contributing Member

WOW you just put the keyboard-smackdown on this guy, haha. I didnt even know you guys were editing/modifying posts like this. I cant wait till the next guy comes along and says something you dont like, this could get really entertaining
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Contributing Member

lmao!! lol thats all i can say, levi ur the the pw3nerizer of this board and its halarious
Old 03-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

yeah Levi is pretty much teh man, read the sig kids
Old 03-03-2006, 06:17 AM

My story is fake ? ..... How is it fake? And i really dont want to see people saying how i need grammer lessons and stuff , Because i just learned english not to long ago , Its my second language , Give me a brake...
Old 03-03-2006, 06:20 AM

And i know nothing , Im sure you dident know any thing when you started out also , Im 100% sure you dident just know every thing about a 240sx in a millisecond.
So back off.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Contributing Member

ok listen dude, there is no such thing as a 98 hatch style 240. from 1995-1998 they were the exact same body with the exception the 95-96 had a different front end (zenki) and slightly different tail lights (they didnt have the lines going through them). The 97-98 were called kouki's and had the more slanted aggressive front end versus the zenkis more rounded one. Other than that there was no variation of a coupe/hatch style in those years. From 1989-1994 you could get a coupe or a hatch style and the 1989-1990 had the zenki (pignose frontend) while the 1991-1994 had the chuki front. If you want a 1998 yould never fing a good body for less than five or six thousand, if you want cheap buy an s13. Also if your friends are so good at all of this then they should be able to teach you and get you a cheap car, or atleast help you out. Just search around for a while like everyone else does and youll find one for the right price. Do everyone a favor and use this Name:  nav_search1.gif
Views: 7
Size:  818 Bytes button to learn common questions about 240's before you ask something on here and get the result you did. I hope this helps you and watch what you say when your a noob.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM

I know all this you just explained I never said i want a 98 Hatch style The one you have is hatch style , 95 - 98 Are the modren ones .

"Im looking for the 98 body style not the hatch style" Right there what i said MEANS i want a 95 - 98 , i dont want any thing other then those years because all the other ones are HATCH , Its kind of hard to explain to you , I just dont know exact english words for , To describe what i mean. And i know about 240sx I know how to search . I dont need to be tought i am not a newbie when it comes to nissan.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:20 AM

I know all about the Sileighty and all about 240sx's I just dont know what to look for WHEN BUYING one , All i asked with help was WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING ONE , I dident ask for a whole termonogly on the body styles . all i wanted to know what what you guys looked for when You bought yours , Dont be an ******* when im asking a simple question.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

Im not being an *******, i was trying to be helpful because it seemed u didnt know much. How am i supposed to know how much you know, especially when u come in here asking questions and tell us you're a "racer"...cmon...
i dont want any thing other then those years because all the other ones are HATCH
that right there tells me u really dont because not all 89-94 style were hatch styles, there is such thing called coupe. But since u know nissan so well u dont need our help looking for a good one, goodluck with your RB25
Old 03-03-2006, 11:26 AM

I dont know exact WORDS in english , Im german as i said i just learned few years ago so me trying to explain what i know is very hard some of these words i have to use a translator just to get them correctly so half the things i says dont come out right, Yeah there was the 89 90 XE coupe 91 - 94 Hatch
and then in late 94 they changed to the Kouki Yes i know.

And you where not going to help me any ways , Your acting like an *** agian. If you just learned english you would understand how hard it is to type what you mean , Speaking is a tottaly diffrent thing , Also easyer ...
Old 03-03-2006, 11:27 AM

I dident come here to argue with any one , And just because it seems like i know nothing buy the way i try and type means nothing I just neeed help finding a good 240sx in the americas.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:37 AM

I came here for some help trying to find the right 240sx For me , Now for people to correct me if i spell some thing wrong , Or if i say some thing wrong , Or if you dont like me because i said im a racer" RACE " my little brother could race his bike , That makes him a bike racer , Because he likes to race his bike down a hill or some thing of that natrue. I dont want to argue with any one i just would like some help finding a 240sx to buy , Are you a car enthusiast or an ******* ? Pick. Im a car enthusiast. So if your one also then speak to me like we are both enthusiasts.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM

Old 03-03-2006, 11:44 AM

Oh cool another ******* , Du Arschloch .

Quick Reply: Going 240sx RB25DET