Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

ka24(sohc)-(dohc) gauge cluster/car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM

ka24(sohc)-(dohc) gauge cluster/car wont start

ive got a lil problem. first off my stock gauge cluster wouldnt work only thing i had was gas gauge. sometimes when i would go to turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition, the battery, oil, seat belt red aux lights would stay on. had to giggle/turn the key back and forth and then it would shut off. so today i went and picked up a dohc gauge cluster. plugged it in. and went to start it and nothing.....idk what i couuld have done all i did was simply change the cluster. the clock is really dem so it makes me think it could be a ground or something shorting out? and when i click my headlights on it turns the clock off. i all the sudden have no power. all from a gauge cluster swap? i even put the original cluster back in to see if it was just that dohc cluster but no, now this ones doing the same thing. plz help
Old 08-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

you cant mix the two...

different signals. what engine do you have... also check your grounds

go to this link and follow each step and your car will work

https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/how-tos-installations-48/ka24e-ka24de-swap-40949/

Last edited by Biggamehit; 08-01-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:56 AM

yeah sorry about that double post im trying to get this car running. after i went to the introduction section i see this section and realized it should go here. wont happen again.
so i need to re pin the connector on the back of the gauge cluster for the dohc one to work. but how come now when i put the stock single cam cluster back in its doing the same thing. i was thinking ground to but i didnt do anything except take plastics off idk how i could have messed a ground up but ill check them, and ill check my starter fuse? all fuses under dash are good. please keep in mind and work with me here, this is my first 240 i traded my civic for this and i dont know much about these cars. im here to learn as much as i can.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 PM

found out what it was. ground wasnt secured. sorry for the big deal lol i was freaking out because ive gotta get this car running and back up to indianapolis in a couple weeks
Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

cool but you dont repin anything

did you ready the instructions?

all it requires is a 93 cluster and body harness plug swap.

We all started not knowing anything .. you just got to think logically and use the forums to help. Google is your best friend as well. There is nothing you will experience on a car that on one else has not.

Glad you fixed it though!