Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

KA24E Head Swap to KA24DE

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Contributing Member

yea do you have any tuner shops in your area. becuase if so. im sure they have done an sr swap, and they have the KA's sitting in the pile in the back labeled "scrap metal"
Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Contributing Member

^hahahaha in that case you should be able to score those things for free!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

yes, not much point getting a DOHC if you are planning on swapping it out for SR or CA in the near future. if you plan on going KA-T or just enjoy the KA the DOHC is better. i have seen turbo E's and it can be done...

to answer your question, yes you can stick a DE head on a E, but it will be a lot easier to just pick up a whole KA24DE.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member

well, im not sure on any names, but there has to be importers in chi-town. and i know that touge factory is there too.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
yes, not much point getting a DOHC if you are planning on swapping it out for SR or CA in the near future. if you plan on going KA-T or just enjoy the KA the DOHC is better. i have seen turbo E's and it can be done...

to answer your question, yes you can stick a DE head on a E, but it will be a lot easier to just pick up a whole KA24DE.
i would grab a whole dohc set but people probably want too much for it and don't feel like take out the whole motor... too dam cold and no garage to work in... but if anione have one in the SE WI or Northern IL, hit me up...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
yea do you have any tuner shops in your area. becuase if so. im sure they have done an sr swap, and they have the KA's sitting in the pile in the back labeled "scrap metal"
yea i got some tuner shop... but most of them are kinda affilated wit the honda scene...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:10 PM

one more question concerning the sr/ca swap... would the engine harness just be replace like how replacing to a dohc harness?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

i think you use the sr harness and use the ka plugs and sensors. i dunno i havent really researched sr swaps but i thinks thats right.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
HAHAHAHA YES! should get a few DE's out of there for 200 bux a piece!

Originally Posted by stealth_180SX
i would grab a whole dohc set but people probably want too much for it and don't feel like take out the whole motor... too dam cold and no garage to work in... but if anione have one in the SE WI or Northern IL, hit me up...
These motors are SUPER CHEAP! you can get a DE for like I just stated above for a couple hundred bux. Heck, boost the DE and when it gives out, buy another DE for 200 bux! Or, pick up a couple DE's boost one as is, and build up the spare DE for boost and when the first one (the stock DE) keils over, slap the turbo on the prepped DE and BAM! run at about 15-18 lbs boost you'll have good HP and really good torque that is reliable. Just P&P the head...

Originally Posted by stealth_180SX
one more question concerning the sr/ca swap... would the engine harness just be replace like how replacing to a dohc harness?
You'll need to play frankenstein and use both SR and KA harness to get everything to work with the swap. Or convert the chassis to right hand drive and deal with only the gauge cluster wiring...

I've really thought about the "potential" swaps. Best bang for the buck IMO, KA-T. First time around, turbo cost big $ for a kit, but hey, if the motor craps out on you, like we said, 200 bux, gets you a new DE.

Oh and yes, you'll need the DE harness if you do the swap and dont worry, those are the only cheap harness' on the market. Oh and dont forget the KA-DE ECU, another DIRT CHEAP component that is essential... but cheap

Good luck to ya buddy!