S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/engine-swaps-13/)
-   -   miss shifted and now problems, please help! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/engine-swaps-13/miss-shifted-now-problems-please-help-17223/)

srslider 11-12-2004 06:12 AM

the downpipe and the exhaust are going to cause boost creep. but you should'd worry about 2psi, (had friends spike at 23psi and his boost controller was set for 15psi peice of $@#t DSM) anyway. Have you reset the ecu? Unplug the battery for 30min to a hour and it should reset it. When you first crank it, it will idle pretty high should not take it any time to relearn. Change plugs and pull the vavle cover and see if anything obvious has happened (very unlikely)

james_s14 11-12-2004 07:56 AM

my car runs great!!
i replaced a couple of hoses on the boost side, i reinstalled my mbc from turbonetics, plugged off that boost sensor that has a line going to the intake and its running great...feels a lot faster...i think im boosting at around 10psi...i do have a downpipe, does that raise the stock boost at all?

TSR20 11-12-2004 12:34 PM

Sorry, I don't have an answer to this, but curious as well. I'm still pretty new to the turbo scene, but I have a turbine outlet (extension), downpipe, test, and exhaust (all 80mm). These will raise the stock boost??? I don't have a boost controller so I'm running stock boost still. I just installed my rspec greddy fmic and the turbo spools up like no other now from 3-4k rpms as opposed to when everything was still stock and i'd start feeling it more around 2500 rpms.

TSR20 11-12-2004 12:35 PM

By the way, I'm in Fullerton, whereabouts u located in oc?

james_s14 11-12-2004 12:39 PM

im in anaheim! we should meet..my boost really kicks in starting at 4000 rpm..i have a downpipe...i was wondering if that might raise the stock boost also. i just installed my boost controller last nite...my boost guage says im running about 11psi max..feels a bit faster and spools up a hair sooner..email me your #, we can meet this weekend or maybe tonite. im off of crescent and brookhurst where the 91 and 5 meet. let me knkow

james_s14 11-12-2004 12:43 PM

by the way, i replaced some boost hoses that were old, i changed fittings and used teflon tape on the threads, i swapped out some of the T fittings with the brass heavy duty kind. and now my car is running great!! i dont think i messed anything up at all...my car hauls ass. i think i fixed the problem..thanks for all the help guys..btw..i have a friend that has an s13 with an rb26 in there. recently he was driving on the fwy and al off a sudden started lagging. he pulled off the fwy and popped the hood. there was oil spewing everywhere. said it was comming from the dipstick tube thingy. then he did compression test and 1st cylinder is at 0 compression, last cylinder is lower then the rest he thinks the last cylinder has a busted valve or something, any suggestions for that would be great..thanks.

TSR20 11-12-2004 01:04 PM

i just emailed u, good that ur motor is alright

james_s14 11-12-2004 01:22 PM

i didnt get your email...try james_s14@yahoo.com

TSR20 11-12-2004 01:37 PM

just sent it to your your yahoo address

srslider 11-15-2004 06:01 AM

The boost creep idea is that the exhaust is so open that your turbo spools very quick, when you reach full boost the wastegate will open up to keep you from building more boost. On my T25 I ported the hell out of my wastegate and got about 40%more flow by volume. If your still having trouble with the idea watch your boost gauge, when you hit boost. It should rise or spike is what we call it, and if your not careful you will overboost and this can cause serious problems