Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

My car is here...wooohooo

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 11:07 AM

My car is here...wooohooo

OK..its been here for two weeks but I have had the flu and then back surgery....so here it is. The car runs strong as all hell...the wiring looks so stock it is scarey (Taylor at XAT Racing did a killer job on the install/wiring). The boost controller is a PITA but once I figured it out I love it...once again XAT did a sweet install on it too...I can't say enough good things about them...they have responded to all my emails and calls..and helped me get my boost controller back inline (after I screwed it up being bored and wanting to play with it). Great place to deal with...and a bad *** car too
Old 12-30-2003, 10:24 PM

wow thats awesome, unfortunately I didn't have the same luck with them, I called and left messages about a 240 they had for sale over a month ago and I have yet to hear a response, no biggie I guess, congrats glad to hear its running well
Old 12-31-2003, 06:26 AM
Contributing Member

congrats, guy! be sure to hook us up w/pics and (if possible) some vids, too!
Old 01-03-2004, 01:55 AM

Re: My car is here...wooohooo

So where are you from? I'm thinking about getting my rb25det swap from xatracing as well. They gave me some numbers but got confused. They said that it'll cost 4800 bux for the motor and installation. I was like what fo realz. Then they said or you could go with the sr20det for 4200?.. for a couple of bux i'd go for the rb but I'm still not sure or if i don't believe it to well coz the price didn't seem to fit. So does it really cost 4800 bux for the rb and installation?. I'm from Kentucky and I want my zenki to be rb powered more then i would like it to be sr powered if you catch my drift.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:44 AM

I'll get pics soon...been sick.
I am in Michigan....had the car shipped up when it was done...and I have no clue what the RB swap runs with everything...best bet is call them or email them with exact questions and have them break it down for ya...I went SR due to a friend from Australia's input...the car at 12lbs is too much for the amount of traction I have (its winter right now) so I will know more come summertime...
Old 01-03-2004, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by Judge
I'll get pics soon...been sick.
I am in Michigan....had the car shipped up when it was done...and I have no clue what the RB swap runs with everything...best bet is call them or email them with exact questions and have them break it down for ya...I went SR due to a friend from Australia's input...the car at 12lbs is too much for the amount of traction I have (its winter right now) so I will know more come summertime...
You had the car shipped all the way to michigan wow.. So how much was the shipping?. And did you have shipped down there as well to get it swapped. Dude how much did all that cost ya.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:12 AM

bought it down there...then had it swapped and then shipped to me...shipping was 600....the rest was alot...