Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Problems Need Help Asap

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 PM

Problems Need Help Asap

Ok this is the deal. Maybe a month ago I was driving my car and my trans was always messed up so I went from 3 to 4th but instead it went into 2nd gear. I hit rev limiter and the car was all messed up. I opened it up and realized it was a broken rocker arm on the exhaust side. I replaced it, and then put some RAS on. At the same time I had the trans out I swapped the trans and replaced the clutch and resurfaced the flywheel.

PROBLEM #1 I just tried starting the car and its still misfiring like before when the rocker arm was broken. When I checked the compression before when the rocker was broken it was 0 now it reads much higher. However, when I pulled the #4 plug out it was covered with gas. What could this be?? Bent Valve? Needs adjustment??

PROBLEM #2 When I did start the car it made this horrible squeak and when I pushed the clutch down it didnt seem as if it was dissengaging. I tried putting it into gear when the car was started and it wouldnt go in and made this really really bad squeak. I tried adjusting the clutch but still the same thing. Could this be a bad slave cylinder?? Maybe its not pushing the plate all the way or something??

GUYS IM LOST AND NEED HELP PLEASE NO FLAMING AND JUST HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS,

MARK
Old 12-25-2006, 08:52 AM

ok i heard it could be the lifters are full with are and thus not not getting compression.

i pulled the valve cover off and i was able to push the lifter down with my finger???

is that right?? should it not be hard and full with oil??

PLEASE SOME INPUT WOULD HELP