Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Qr?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 05:35 PM

Qr?!?!?

I was flippin through some old issues of SCC, and I read about how if an SR crank was put in the new sentra se-r (qr25de) it would be a phenominal engine.... does anyone know about this? and also, would it be possible to plop this engine into a 240sx? (hatch)
Old 11-20-2002, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

AFAIK, nobody has done this yet. I wouldn't want to be the first to tackle that project, my pockets aren't deep enough.

Is the QR25DE used in any RWD applications yet? You'd need to find a tranny to mount to that sucker - and you'd also want the motor mounts to be approximately in the right place.

The QR/harness/ECU will likely cost you over $5k... just pulling number out of my *** here, but it is a new motor. Then you have to find a tranny and a way to securely mount it. Then you'd need to turbo the sucker - which would be all custom and likely cost another $5k (conservatively) by the time all the electronics and tuning are straightened out.

For that money you could have an RB25DET - which is close to a bolt in if you know which parts to mix/match with a Skyline.... or 400+ hp from a KA or SR.

Again, I'd like to see it done - but I'm in no position to be on the cutting edge.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org
Old 11-20-2002, 03:49 PM

hmmmm.... I have a friend with a sentra se-r. maby he could get it.