Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

rb20 rb25 how does it handle against the sr20det.

Old 05-23-2003, 06:49 AM

rb20 rb25 how does it handle against the sr20det.

hello guys i just have a question a lot of guys are putting rb20,rb25 into their cars and i just wanted to know how there cars handle. i look at picks of the rb motors in 240's and they look like they rest on top of the tires. will this hinder performance?

okay let me give you a idea what i am looking for i want the overall package. i want speed, power and balance something like a porsche. it fast as hell and it can handle. i don't to put a big motor in the car to go straight. i want this car to handle as well.
because if thats the case it would be more of a american car. (find the biggest motor you can find. stick it in the smallest body or lightest body as possible and throws some big tires on the back and hit the track) and on all the post i seen with guys with swap i have not seen a post on suspension adjustments as well.

have anybody heard of a 240 that has 700hp that stomps on skylines in japan and there a pic of calvin pissing on a skyline i would liketo know how that car is set-up

how much weight is the rb25 just the motor.

thanks for the info
Old 05-25-2003, 11:38 AM

I dont know about the rb20, but of course the rb25 will be a hell of a lot more power. I would say as long as your not daily drivin on 20 psi it would be very streetable. Do you just want a pure monster to drive around or something reliable, but still able to toast pretty much anything(and I dont mean hondas). As far as handling goes i don't see why these motors would make your car handle like crap. Just upgrade your suspension.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

i think wut he is tryin to say is that the bigger the motor the heavier it is. So the weight distribution would be more to the front, and the kar wouldnt handle as good kus of that. But if u do the weight right and got good suspension then its all go0d
Old 05-25-2003, 10:35 PM
Contributing Member

I believe the best person to help u on this would be Night.... he has an S13 w/ an RB25DET fully swapped in, and now that he has it finished, sucka looks bad azz! I like how the millenium kit looks on a 240....

But back to the subject at hand... for the engine specs and everything, its best to ask Night... Im actually going to follow in his steps now since my cousin is being shady with the SR20...

But to be the first to clarify, the RB motor isn't that much heavier vs the SR according to Night, after u do a battery relocation to the trunk and do a carbon fiber hood, the weight distribution is about 52 front - 48 rear...

here's a link to his web-site:

http://240skyline.nissanpower.com/index.html
Old 05-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Contributing Member

I second the millenium kit, looks kick ***, i wonder how much it is? Im ganna do the battery relocation and the CF ho0d if i hopefully dont run outta money, hopefully evrything will go 0k!
Old 05-26-2003, 06:48 PM

Re: rb20 rb25 how does it handle against the sr20det.

Originally posted by LONEWOLF
have anybody heard of a 240 that has 700hp that stomps on skylines in japan and there a pic of calvin pissing on a skyline i would liketo know how that car is set-up
Are you talking about the Signal S15? It has like 600hp i think. But thats off a big *** T88 on a Toda stroked 2.2l SR. But thats what happens when a tuner like Signal opens it wallet to make a bad *** car. Not much chance any of us will be able to have a car that amazing in our lifetimes. Wishful thinking tho...
Old 05-27-2003, 04:21 AM

IVE already talk to night but i would like to get a second opnion.
it seems his purpose is drag raceing mines is not. i wish someone from turbo or sport compact car take a look at his car to get some driving impresions of the car. and take it to the track and see how it runs. this project (if i decide to do it) would not be a daily driver. i want data!!!! hard data of course

and if i were to do such a swap hondas will never be my target. my nx2000 could handle the job. i want to shoot it out with supras,wrx,evos,rx7,porsche, or any 6 cylinder or awd turbo car. but you got to give credit were it is due. supras,rx7's,porches's are fast and they could handle to for there weight of course.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Contributing Member

Well, wutever ur purpose is, it would be a better idea to go with RB25 since its the same price of an S14 SR20 (RB maybe even cheaper if u go thru Night)

To be honest, Id rather go with the more powerful motor over the weaker if its the same price, dun get me wrong, I like the SR (was about to do SR swap this summer, but no more, shady ppl can keep their motor) the SR technically has higher potential, but for my situation, RB out numbers the SR in my purpose (especially since Im gonna have to put out $ for a swap now) my view, if ur gonna do something of this caliber (motor swap), do it all the way.

Remember, we're talking about a GTS skyline motor under the hood of a Silvia, a no-fun-and-games swap. As long as u reinforce to shell of the car, ur only limit is u, the driver. Can u handle the power? The torque? This motor will bring out ur full potential as a driver, think about that aspect in ur decision, are u ready to experience as wut my company AbFlug says: Welcome to sensory overload, that's the name of the game."
Old 06-04-2003, 06:44 AM

I DECIDED to go for the rb25 i think it will do well for my application. i just have to spend more on suspension and body work to get the car to handle good. plus it helps to know people who owns a real skyline. the geomotry (spelling?) of the r32 and s13 is somewhat similar. i'll keep you guys posted. thanks for the help.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Contributing Member

i just have to spend more on suspension and body work to get the car to handle good.
Tien Suspension (I believe the GT racing suspension is the best... anyone know which line of Tien suspension is best?)

Strut bars front and back, then a roll cage (if necessary)

and ur set to go!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by NiSmO Knight
Tien Suspension (I believe the GT racing suspension is the best... anyone know which line of Tien suspension is best?)

Strut bars front and back, then a roll cage (if necessary)

and ur set to go!
expensive expensive expensive...i need money damn it!
Old 06-04-2003, 12:49 PM

BUT this is the only "cheap" way to get a skyline. if i could get the 240 to handle like the r32 r33 (rwd version only) i will be more than happy.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Contributing Member

BUT this is the only "cheap" way to get a skyline. if i could get the 240 to handle like the r32 r33 (rwd version only) i will be more than happy.
same here..but its ganna be a lil hard for me since i dont really have a go0d payin job right now..
Old 06-04-2003, 01:08 PM

I'M in no hurry to get this done. why rush if i take to long maybe then the g35 will become a good used buy. i don't race it just for my personal pleasure. hey maybe if i take a long time i will get a good paying job then hopefully nissan in five years would come out with a turbocharge perfomance car. im patient 10 months to get my nx done
Old 06-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

im not really in that much of a hurry..its just that ive been wanting to do this for so long, and i all ready got my clip. Im just ganna have to save up for a few more weeks...maybe months.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rb20 rb25 how does it handle against the sr20det.