Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

....Rb25det front clip question....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:44 PM

....Rb25det front clip question....

I have a couple of questions actually...

1.) What are the advantages of getting the Rb25det with the front clip vs. just the motor?

2.) Does anyone know any good places in the Minnesota area or any good websites where I can buy a Rb25det here in the states that still has the motor connected to the front clip?

Thanks a million........

Last edited by ProricanRacer; 11-14-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Contributing Member

Clip comes with EVEYTHING you need and a bunch of extra fuses and bolts. Motorset might not come with everything, you are buying the clips for the security of having everything you need.

The only place I know of in the states is ebay.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jonpowell
Clip comes with EVEYTHING you need and a bunch of extra fuses and bolts. Motorset might not come with everything, you are buying the clips for the security of having everything you need.

The only place I know of in the states is ebay.
Wut bout venus? They might not be the best in the business...but they are pretty much the only ones that have them in stock.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:26 PM

What is venus's website so I can check out there prices and everything....
Old 11-14-2003, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

http://venus-auto.com/ there ya go...if theyd ont have the prices up try emailing them or calling them.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:37 PM

Venus is going down in my book, they sent me a bad motor taht was supposed to be a running long block, and itwould only hold a max of 15% of compression. Now they are being bitter about taking it back. We'll see how it goes. If you do get a clip from them, make sure you test it before 30 days, or else you are SOL.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

Night and Venus are the only ones that i know of that are importing RBs from japan..Venus has been a lil iffy lately and Night seems to have gotten back on his feet and running a good business...good luck on finding one
Old 11-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

Hyjynx, why dont you ask Night how many of the 8 or 9 clips he has actually delivered before recommending him. I can answer for you if you like, NONE. And some of the guys have been waiting over 9 months for theirs. If you STILL want to recommend him, go ahead though.

I actually have access to one for about $3000 plus around $600 for shipping, I am not selling it, I was just offered it. It was hit in the RT FT though....If you are interested, email Brad at TBRacing.com he found it for me already.

There are alot of good places that can get them.
Just call around and ask if it is IN STOCK before you send any money. Maybe ask them to take a picture of it with a certain phrase on a board in front of the motor sjo you know it is actually in stock.

Good luck!
Old 11-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

Hyjynx, why dont you ask Night how many of the 8 or 9 clips he has actually delivered before recommending him. I can answer for you if you like, NONE. And some of the guys have been waiting over 9 months for theirs. If you STILL want to recommend him, go ahead though.

I actually have access to one for about $3000 plus around $600 for shipping, I am not selling it, I was just offered it. It was hit in the RT FT though....If you are interested, email Brad at TBRacing.com he found it for me already.

There are alot of good places that can get them.
Just call around and ask if it is IN STOCK before you send any money. Maybe ask them to take a picture of it with a certain phrase on a board in front of the motor sjo you know it is actually in stock.

Good luck!
I understand his current situation but as i said before Venus and Night are the only ones that i know of that sell RBs. What other places do you know of? Web sites?
Old 11-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

I will post some places tomorrow, I have a list at work on the computer there...I have just been compiling them. Like I said, Brad at TBracing.com found one for me about 2 weeks ago and said it was a week away so it must be in the states.

Try emailing him and see what happens.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

I will post some places tomorrow, I have a list at work on the computer there...I have just been compiling them. Like I said, Brad at TBracing.com found one for me about 2 weeks ago and said it was a week away so it must be in the states.

Try emailing him and see what happens.
Hmm 0k, well ill be looking foward to that list. BTW, if ya dont mind me asking how much did you get the engine for from brad @ tbracing.com??
Old 11-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Contributing Member

I didnt actually buy the clip, I was looking for someone else who apparently backed out and fell off the face of the earth, but it was the begfinning of last week(Nov 2nd I believe) that Brad quoted me $2900 plus $600 shipped anywhere I wanted on the east coast within a week. I cant verify that all the places have them in stock, only that they advertise selling them on their website.

I have a little vendetta against Night right now for screwing alot of people in our little community and then having the ***** to come back and pretend nothing happened.

If I offended you, I apologize, just pissed at Night, thats all.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

I didnt actually buy the clip, I was looking for someone else who apparently backed out and fell off the face of the earth, but it was the begfinning of last week(Nov 2nd I believe) that Brad quoted me $2900 plus $600 shipped anywhere I wanted on the east coast within a week. I cant verify that all the places have them in stock, only that they advertise selling them on their website.

I have a little vendetta against Night right now for screwing alot of people in our little community and then having the ***** to come back and pretend nothing happened.

If I offended you, I apologize, just pissed at Night, thats all.
Not offended at all, just wondering where all the clips are. Its quite hard to find trustworthy places now a days.
From what ive read in other posts, ive noticed u got a lil grudge/vendetta againts Night. I personally dont have anything againts him, ive gotten along with him and have nothing againts him.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member

Here is that list I promised, I never got to the office this past weekend I apologize for that. I vouch for NONE of these places, just a list I am compiling of places that might carry an RB25DET or be able to get it for you.

www.tbracing.com
www.flashoptions.com
www.racingworks.com
www.racinghard.com
www.venus-auto.com
www.unstable-hybrids.com
www.xatracing.com
wwww.visualizemotorsports.com
www.jarco.com
www.ranjainc.com
www.jspecautosports.com
www.dragdriftautox.com

If I come up with more, I will post them also
Old 11-17-2003, 07:58 AM

Wow....thanks alot....time to do some research now....compare and elimination!

Quick Reply: ....Rb25det front clip question....