Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

the SR

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:57 PM

the SR

Hey everybody, kind of new here and seeking some answers. Ive had my 240 for a while now and ive been modding the suspension. Handles great but im lookin for somethin with more oomph if ya know what i mean. And now im shooting for the SR swap, and I first need to know just how much one GOOD swap will cost me. not a chepo half assed job. Either from your experiences or what youve seen, just lemme know. thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 AM

use the search button at the top of the forums for this one. its been covered a million times. just search for my posts bc even in the last few days ive done some cost rundowns for people
Old 06-30-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 240=theonlyway
Hey everybody, kind of new here and seeking some answers. Ive had my 240 for a while now and ive been modding the suspension. Handles great but im lookin for somethin with more oomph if ya know what i mean. And now im shooting for the SR swap, and I first need to know just how much one GOOD swap will cost me. not a chepo half assed job. Either from your experiences or what youve seen, just lemme know. thanks
+1 on durdans post, but from my experience avg cost for a full sr swap (S13 sr), as in my case, 3800 to 4500 depending on what u have already and what else ur gonna need
Old 06-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 240=theonlyway
I'm sorta in the same boat as you are, I've made the car mechanically sound, cleaned it up, modded the suspension, braced the chassis and now I'm ready for the next step...the SR engine swap. The other guys are right as there is a ton and a half of information about this engine out there, you just have to pick and choose what you are looking for. I've pretty much gathered all my parts and decided what my set-up will be, I just have to get the engine itself. I'm also looking forward to doing the actual swap with my own two hands especially after having participated in pulling and putting in a KA a couple of weeks ago. Good luck with your project!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Well you guys are not getting any responses because this has been answered about 500 times BUT for a redtop swap your looking at about 4500.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Contributing Member

WOOOOOOAAHhhh bro

thats if you plan on forking money over to someone.. man i really think every young man should get some buddies and do his own swap.. its way to much info available.

also

Guys i understand you gripe with not searching but can you please provide a link as to show the new guys how easy it is to search.... no one is born with forum skills.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 06-30-2007 at 11:05 PM.