Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Sr Questions Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 PM

Sr Questions Help Please

I blew my Ka up in my 95 240 and Im planning on swapping an sr20 in it.

I live In maryland does any one kno where I cna buy a COMPLETE motor swap for a good price and not get kille on shipping.

I have a few other ?'s also

If I were to swap an Sr in my car Is it required to have a 255lph fuel pup? will stock fuel pump work with the Sr.

And I have already taken the Ka out before so Im quite familiar with the 240 but is it hard to put an sr in?

Bolts right up i kno that but what about wiring harness does it plug right in?

And will i need anything else lfor the swap?

Complete motor/Tranny/Ecu/Uncut Wiring harness right?

Ohh and what about the exhaust I kmo that most likely ima need to buy a downpipe will it bolt up to my 3 Inch cat back i have on now? The exhaust I have now is in stock spot but just Bigger pipes and stuff.

And if its possible can I get a complete list and possible total cost Of the swap...Thank you so much..
Old 11-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

dont need a 255 unless you up the boost

not hard to put in, there are plenty of how tos to do the wiring online

plugs right up

fluids and possibly some things u wana add to the motor while youve got it torn apart

maf ignitor chip ect...basically if you buy a full clip and not a motorset itll b good

yea u need a downpipe, id say buy a turbo outlet while your at it since they are relatively cheap and now the ka exhaust wont bolt up unless u have an exhaust shop modify it

make sure u have a little extra saved up for things that come up

i recommend putting in a new clutch and having the flywheel resurfaced...unless u pop open the tranny and see a nice one in there

also a metal headgasket would be something good to do while the motor is out..

swap can be had for roughly $3000 depending on what you buy
Old 11-16-2006, 11:52 PM

Do NOT buy from Applied Force Performance in Hagerstown. If anyone recommends them to you, cut their d ic k off.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:09 PM

why do they rip you off?

Ohh by the way some one told me that the sr20det downpipe bolts right to the stock catylist spot on the Ka...Ohh and The motor set ima buy is from Jsamotors.com any one heard from them?
Old 11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Contributing Member

jus make sure the harness is uncut...and try to get them to compression test the motor prior to sending
Old 11-18-2006, 11:53 AM

All there motors are compression tested and checked for leaks and stuff and has a start up warrenty. There web site looks really official and there COMPLETE motor packase is just 2,800 Complete motor,ecu,uncutt harness,5speed trans,all sensors and brackets,Starter alternator,Maf sensor (ignitor chip) the whole 9 yards.Can you go to there website for me and see if its really a good place to buy from and if it is a complete swap? thanks you helped me out in like 9 of my threds.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

i did go to the site and it looked legit although i didnt see anywhere whether they were uncut or not, but as long as u asked..also make sure you get the swap with an intercooler unless you plan on buying a front mount.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:03 PM

Yeah buddy Im buying a Fmic I priced out the engine with shipping and I added a 255lph fuel pump in the price with Fmic and megan racing downpipe and fluids so EVERYTHING i need added up to 3,400.

Thats complete motor trans UNcut harness maf ig chip trans fmic upgraded fuel pump and down pipe.

and If I already have a 3 inch cat back on my 240 plus my brother joe is a mechanic like me but he has 5 more years exp then I and he works at Mb solutions(MAndrel bending solutions) a custon exhaust shop and He his ase certafied in like 5 areas. He pretty good so ill have him cusom do any fabs needed if it doesnt direct bolt to my catylist close to nothing..DO you have an sr swap?

Ohh I noticed u had coilovers what kind do you have I want the Megans are they any good? or ksports not becuz there cheap but cuz I hear there good for the money..

ohh hey whats your name by the way mines Brian.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 PM

What kinda rims are they also those things are fkin Hard azz.

Hey I have taken the Ka out once and it took me only like 8 jours or so in my back yard and I rebuilt it and put it back in plus I havent taken my tranny out twice SO im pretty familiar with the 240 plus I had an s13 before my s14 for 3 years. I was wondering on a scale 1-10 how difficult is the sr swap.. ANd one more important ? i have is do I need a battery relocation Kit if Im running a fmic? or stock side mounted? and also my friend says I dont need an intercooler at all if im only running stock Psi but that sounds kinda shady I dont wanna spend all that money and detonate something cuz I wanna be cheap.IS this a stupid lie?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:09 PM

I mean I have taken my tranny out twice lol I posted 3 times now lol. make sure you read the last 3 post on this thread cuz I posted 3 times im a reatrd.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:32 AM

Yeah, Applied Force is a ripoff; I was lucky to get my money back. I paid for a blacktop clip in full and they never called me; every time I called them it was some minor problem and the motor would be in "next week." I can understand if someone has supplier issues, but I think my 3 grand should be worth at least a phone call.

If you can pull a KA, you should have no problem getting the SR in there. Getting it to run might be another story, but there's a ton of support for the swap so barring some nightmare with your motor you should be fine. You will need an intercooler; the SMIC will work for stock application but if it's going to cost you extra consider springing for the FMIC.

Also, check out the "EDIT" button beside your previous post. The mods get a little touchy about triple posts here.

Edit: I just used it, and it was everything I dreamed it could be!

Last edited by Jebman; 11-19-2006 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Contributing Member

my name is Brian as well

my advice to you is do not listen to ur friend anymore..

if you are referring to my car then i do have megans and they are ok, but i wouldnt buy them again, i would suggest saving a lil more and buying kts or stance..

wheels are called Tryforce Zelda's and they are made by trial, have fun trying to find some in good sizes...thanks for the props though, go to members rides and look at the last to threads CREATED my myself and u will find most of my info there, as well as in my cardomain I have a full parts list..

I have sr

like Jebman said its gone be just as easy as pulling and putting in the KA, the wiring is the main issue but there are plenty of guides that tell you how to do everything so you should have that figured out in a day or so max

oh and buy a turbo outlet while your at it, helps spoolage a good bit and since your already buying all the exhaust that will top it off..
Old 11-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

show post
Old 11-19-2006, 02:22 PM

what do you mean the wiring is the hardest? isnt the wiring harness the same as he Ka? Its a definate that I would have to remove the ecu and comp[lete wiring harness from the ka but is it difficult to reinstall the sr20 ecu and run the harness?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:20 PM

hey, i live in maryland too, i'm in the process of finishing up my sr swap. you do have to swap the entire harness. the wiring wasn't too bad, i have a lot of unused connectors hanging loose tho lol, dunno if that's good? but there's really only 3 connectors you need to use off your KA harness on the SR's...as far as i can tell. the overall swap wasn't hard, took about 3 hours to get the KA out from a complete start, and dropping the SR in was cake. i'm in the process of trying to get it to run now, it turns over, but wont start

Quick Reply: Sr Questions Help Please