Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

SR20Componets

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Arrow SR20Componets

I know this question has been asked and answered manytimes. I just dont have the time to look through all the trends to piece together my answer. I just recently purchased a 240sx from a junk yard. I know right but the interior is emaculant and the body is in real good shape. I know what your thinking it came from a junk yard it messed up bad huh. No not at all the major damage is on the roof when it like like someone beat it with their hand or stomped on it. It wasnt bad for 300$ and it ran. Thats right it RAN (past tense) until the oil pump seized up and I blew about a 6 inch hole in the side of the block. Any way i am about to purchase a SR20DET S14 for it which was my original plan. But what I am gonna do is tear down the block and build it from the bottom up. I wanna know anything anyone has to offer about internals. Whats the best and what works good together. And I wanna know about springs and shocks also. But look Im not rich I need something affordable. So any help would be great and any techniques for installing the motor would be helpful. I have a good knowledge of vehicles and I have a few friends that know a thing or 2 about cars but not specific with the 240. Thank you for all your post and I hope i am welcomed into the 240 community.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:14 PM

Dude if i were you i would totally go stroker style. Then you get alot more torque from that little engine. HKS has a 2.2L setup that is pretty sick. Thats what i was planning to do until i decided that the SR wasn't gonna satisfy my power needs and changed my mind to the RB26. HKS is a great company, i have total faith in their products to stand up to a crap load of abuse.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

Get coilovers even a cheaper pair of coilovers like megan and kts are better than any spring and shock your looking at. they run 800-1200 dollars, depending on where you get them. and also search.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 AM

Yea i agree with him they are cheap and it dont look like comes with anything. Got to osakajdmmotors.com they are reasonable and come with everything you need. That will be where i get mine from. I had a buddy that bought one from there and it was in empresive condition so like i said that I will be buying my engine from there!!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

#1 Building and engine is not hard and not easy it takes time and can be a disaster if you mess something up and not catch it.

#2 If it aint broke dont fix it. No need to rebuild if it runs strong.

#3 Learn the car, with stock S14 SR. That alone will teach you a thing or 2.

#4 I dont give a **** if you drove 500hp mustangs or hondas or chevy's. Its a 240 a completely different car. And you dont know it.