Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

what is the best shop to swap a SR20DET into a 1996 240 sx?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 AM

what is the best shop to swap a SR20DET into a 1996 240 sx?

OK, this as you may see is my first post, I have a mazda miata turboed and is really nice, now Im looking for a new project and thought about the 240sx conversion to a silvia. Don't know which one is better S13, S14, S15, but searching will answer those.

My question is about a shop that is proven to be a good option to swap the KA motors out and put the SR20DET in.

Or even info about ease of swap, does the SR20 DET uses the same exact engine mounts as the KA motor?

THanks and sorry for the dumb questions im sure youve heard them all before.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Contributing Member

As ya all ready know, searching is ur best friend. Anyways, as for a shop i noticed that ya live all the way in venezula, are u looking for one in the states? If so, east coast or west coast?? And the SR do share the same mounts. BTW i lived over in colombia for a few years, gatta love south america
Old 11-06-2003, 01:58 PM

Hykynx thanks for the info, Yes the shop im talking about would be on the stats most preferably in the east coast.

I also found searching that is feasible to swap a RB26dett, on to a 240sx . Now that would be a very sweet ride and very sleeper like as well. Especially here in Venezuela where you see zero 240sx around.

Thanks again.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by miatex
Hykynx thanks for the info, Yes the shop im talking about would be on the stats most preferably in the east coast.

I also found searching that is feasible to swap a RB26dett, on to a 240sx . Now that would be a very sweet ride and very sleeper like as well. Especially here in Venezuela where you see zero 240sx around.

Thanks again.
Over in Tampa, FL there is XAT performance http://www.xatracing.com/ I dont know many places on the east coast kus im on the West coast. The RB26 costs a lot to get and a lot to get it tow ork in a 240 because u gatta mod quite a few things. The RB25 and RB20 are a lot easier. Im doing a RB20 swap right now..having a lil trouble but i will complete it sooner or later!
Old 11-07-2003, 04:35 AM

Im sorry who's project is this? yours or the shops?
i consider a project something you do yourself over time, not going to the store and letting some punk *** work on your car and you just pay him, sounds like a civic owner.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:00 PM

Doba, as you say a project is something you do yourself, but I was planning ahead in terms of having a close place where to go that could help me out with the things that get out of hand.

I do most of the things on my car, but I have to accept that I don't know how to do everything, so having some expert help is always handy. Don't you think?

miatex
Old 11-10-2003, 05:31 AM

Originally posted by miatex
Doba, as you say a project is something you do yourself, but I was planning ahead in terms of having a close place where to go that could help me out with the things that get out of hand.

I do most of the things on my car, but I have to accept that I don't know how to do everything, so having some expert help is always handy. Don't you think?

miatex
I absolutely agree with you about help, and if you do need professional help...were right here for you..(trust me these guys are good).
Good to see you do everything yourself, i mean if you dont have a garage or a driveway and tools then you cant do it yourself, but if you have the tools go for it.
I just finished my SR swap in my driveway, and i had Noooo idea about anything. i just got a clip pulled the SR, took notes remembered things and put it back the way i saw it, any problems i had i asked on the forums and got my answer.
It was an awesome experience. and youll love it even more if you do it yourself.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:57 AM

Well..I say XAT Racing in Tampa as well.....but I guess I am not a diehard either cuz they are doing everything for me and I just have to pick it up and drive it.....I guess I am getting old.......having the money to have someone else do the work for me. I would rather do that most of the time when it comes to cars now.....I work on them all day long so why would I want to do it when I get home?
Old 11-14-2003, 09:42 AM

i know this probably doesnt help, but XX tuning in Connecticut does the complete swap for 600$.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:07 AM

hey s240r, you have any more info on XX tuning in CT? telephone number, location, quality of their work, etc.

thanks
Old 11-25-2003, 09:45 AM

WOW YOU ARE JUST IN LUCK... you need a sr swap into your car whatever year whatever model...

these 2 places can do that for you and we are located here right in the West Coast of Florida TAMPA!!!

www.xatracing.com
www.secretservicesinc.com

my friends work at both the shops and you will be satisfied with both the shops works....

BUT like s240r said, you will want some DYNO tuning and a rom runing which Secret Services can provide... i suggest you contact both places to determine which shop you want to havbe do your swap... in all hoensty though both shops will do you the swap right... its just that secret services will have the dyno for yah...

like i said my friends work at both shops and they are not too far from each other distance wise, one is in st petersburg and the other is in tampa... good luck...and be sure to tell them Jonas send ya
Old 11-25-2003, 10:02 AM

I'm looking for any shops in the NJ area that can do an SR20DET swap...if anyone knows of any reputable shops in this area, let me know.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:48 AM

idk man, just make sure you dont take it to a shop that will run both the ka and sr ECU's together... dont ask
Old 11-25-2003, 01:35 PM

xx tuning, 1-860-513-1044, they are dropping in my sr right now, they are a very extreme shop, they seem like a good company, they know what theyre doing and they dont try and screw you. call them and ask them. Jack is their head mechanic, ask for him
Old 11-25-2003, 10:50 PM

lol, iam sure he will want his swap done by people who can build a 539rwhp sr on stock bottom end... althought it wasnt idealistic but yeah its RUNNING HARDCORE... but yeah the runners of secret services do know their shat.. it proves on the nationwide Freshalloy.com

think about it man... florida>Connecticut...
ill even throw in a free gallon of fresh orange grove juice...

Quick Reply: what is the best shop to swap a SR20DET into a 1996 240 sx?