General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

13b REW powered 240sx.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 07:03 AM

My Car

Attached Thumbnails 13b REW powered 240sx.-mycarpic.jpg  
Old 12-17-2002, 07:05 AM

My engine

Attached Thumbnails 13b REW powered 240sx.-enginepic.jpg  
Old 12-17-2002, 09:01 AM

well im glad to know that you have the mechanical abilities to rebuild your own motors but i can bet that ALOT of people dont and would have to spend about $2-3K each time they messed up. so instead of telling them how to run on the edge i'd give them a much more reliable setup and point them in a safer direction.

oh, and once again youve written alot of technical mumbo jumbo but youve really said nothing. the reality is that an 800cc injector will only flow 800cc's of fuel. it really doesnt matter whether it be at 40, 60 or 80psi... it will flow a max of 800cc's, and thats at 100% duty. the only time you need to worry about a FPR is when you have say 1600cc injectors and you dont want to run rich as hell when your not at WOT. a FPR will not make an injector flow more fuel than what its rated at
Old 12-17-2002, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by DiZZy
well im glad to know that you have the mechanical abilities to rebuild your own motors but i can bet that ALOT of people dont and would have to spend about $2-3K each time they messed up. so instead of telling them how to run on the edge i'd give them a much more reliable setup and point them in a safer direction.

oh, and once again youve written alot of technical mumbo jumbo but youve really said nothing. the reality is that an 800cc injector will only flow 800cc's of fuel. it really doesnt matter whether it be at 40, 60 or 80psi... it will flow a max of 800cc's, and thats at 100% duty. the only time you need to worry about a FPR is when you have say 1600cc injectors and you dont want to run rich as hell when your not at WOT. a FPR will not make an injector flow more fuel than what its rated at
Ok your are stupid as was thought earlier...

One the secondary injecors in a FD are 850 cc side feed and the primarys are 550cc side feed. There are no 800cc injectors in any rotary engine...

Two if you raise the fuel pressure you increase the cc's the injector can flow.. go look at any HP calculator and you will see a input for fuel pressure.

Three everything I said is just basic common sense that anyone who is in to cars should know, I'm sorry if I've gone over your head... go to this link and learn somthing before you keep putting your foot in you mouth..

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

Four it's not the ragged edge for sombody who knows what they are doing and I asked him to get with me on the details of what he would need to do... Your just an *** hole I'm dealing with off to the side... Whats your name over on the RX-7 forums? I can run circles around you all day long if you'd like...

You can say your sorry for being a dumb *** now Or I can continue to make you look stupid. It’s your choice…

Last edited by Dragon; 12-17-2002 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:06 PM

first off i know that the FD's secondaries are 850cc each, i was just using 800 as a reference. but secondly you are correct, i checked with a friend and the injectors will flow more fuel than as rated by pushing fuel through them at a higher rate unfortunately that isnt an effective way of getting more fuel to the engine, it only makes the injectors more inefficient and prone to failure, this is especially not preferred on the FD. your just trying to squeeze a mouse through a pinhole

all in all like u stated u could pull off getting enough fuel to the motor at 60psi but for how long? your gonna be stressing the fuel system quite a bit and that really isnt recommended. it would be much safer just to have the stock injectors bored out along with the pump and fpr

oh and my nick on rx7forum is 1bad7-back, used to be just 1bad7
Old 12-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Contributing Member

lol, dizzy got owned
Old 12-17-2002, 03:52 PM

no, i just stated things from my own personal experience and so did dragon. his idea will work but its not the way to go about things if your looking for any sort of reliability, i was unaware of this until he brought it up and forced me to look further into it. i personally would not go about it the same way and dont recommend that others do either. hopefully someone learned something from our discussion. this was never meant to be a personal attack of any sort
Old 12-17-2002, 05:59 PM

Let me know when you get it finished. I will sell you 500 fire extinguishers at wholesale price. HaHaHa

Late
Old 12-17-2002, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by DiZZy
first off i know that the FD's secondaries are 850cc each, i was just using 800 as a reference. but secondly you are correct, i checked with a friend and the injectors will flow more fuel than as rated by pushing fuel through them at a higher rate unfortunately that isnt an effective way of getting more fuel to the engine, it only makes the injectors more inefficient and prone to failure, this is especially not preferred on the FD. your just trying to squeeze a mouse through a pinhole

all in all like u stated u could pull off getting enough fuel to the motor at 60psi but for how long? your gonna be stressing the fuel system quite a bit and that really isnt recommended. it would be much safer just to have the stock injectors bored out along with the pump and fpr

oh and my nick on rx7forum is 1bad7-back, used to be just 1bad7
Raising the fuel pressure is actually a very safe way to increase the power output of your engine. I wouldn't recommend running over 65 psi of total fuel pressure as this can slow down the injector pintel because as it opens it has to push against the fuel pressure. Also fuel pumps will start to drop off the volume of fuel they can push under higher pressure. You can get the stock 850cc or 550cc injectors bored out by RC engineering, but it will run you around $195 for each injector.. It is much cheaper to buy two 1680cc injectors for about $150 if you shop around and the $225 fuel rail from K2RD and buy 2 x 1watt, 9-10 resisters from Radio Shack for a $1 and for about $400 or less including shipping you will have enough fuel for over 500hp. Just don't forget you'll need a bad *** fuel pump if you start looking for 500hp.

Note on the resitors: you need to run them in series on the injectors power wire because the FD runs High Ohm injectors at 15 ohm's, the 1680's are low at 5 ohm's by adding the resters in the power wire to the injector you get 5ohm + 10ohm = 15ohms, with out the resistors you will burn up the injector driver the computer. If you use a good aftermarket EMS you probably won't need them as most EMS's are made to run low Ohm injectors...

It is also common practice for the guys running SR's and CA's over here in Japan to run their fuel pressure higher and tune it out using a S-AFC and they love to throw in GT-R fuel pumps ... Wrrrrrrrrrrr.. They like the noise, but the walboro will flow more fuel and it is much more efficient than the GT-R pump at higher fuel pressures and it's only around $100 if you look around.. I feel for you guy and how Nissan cursed you with small injectors..

And I appreciate a person who will admit when they are wrong, kudos to DiZZy.....

Last edited by Dragon; 12-17-2002 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:21 PM

i still like the GTR pump better than walboro

Wrrrrrrrr........ gotta love it when people can here your car coming by the sound of your fuel pump whining
Old 12-17-2002, 11:39 PM

if you actually do this swap, i suggest a single turbo. the twin turbo 13B blows up more than the single turbo. but it is a nice idea, but i think if unless you have the bank account to do this, don't bother, you won't be able to fix it once something breaks.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:29 AM

-dizzy, your still a *****. You got owned
Old 12-18-2002, 05:45 AM

yup i guess so, dragon does know more
Old 12-18-2002, 11:50 AM

Here's a little Info on me...

My dad used to be on the engine building team for Richard Petty back in the early 70's when he race Mopar.. Threw out the 70’s and 80's he raced dirt track... I was born in 1971 and I was turning wrenches on bolts my dad would break loose for me when I was 5, I bought a 1974 Barracuda when I was 14 for $200 that had no engine, no transmission, no interior and no front end. I worked my *** off for the next 2 years and put the car together. Did all the body work, painted the car Hemi Orange and put together a 360 small block that put down around 400hp by my self with my own $ that I earned by working my *** off working in corn fields, tossing hay, walking bean fields and working in a Motorcycle shop building engines. I learned a lot from my dad and all the other racers. I took every shop class I could and spent damn near every study hall I had in the shop working on cars. I also bought a RX-3 for a $100 in 88' and started playing with rotary engines. In 1991 I joined the Army active duty and went to Germany for 3 years while there I spent my time also building Japanese Motorcycles and worked on countless cars to make extra $ to support my Paint Ball habit.. In 1994 I got stationed in Japan and started tuning Japanese cars. I was the first person in Okinawa to build a full tuned Honda CR-X that would walk 600 hp GT-R's in 3rd gear. Eventually I got tired of wheel spin and broken transmissions and I bought my FD in 1998. I'd always wanted one since they were introduced in the states in 1993. I now have around 30K in the car, 10K for the car when I bought it and 20K in parts. I do all the work myself and bought 80% of the parts by working on and tuning countless #'s of Nissans, Honda's and RX-7's. To be honest I hate working on Nissans and I refuse to touch a Toyota, but I'm thinking of picking up a 2JZ supra as a daily beater.

Basically everything I've ever built was done by me and done with $ I earned by working my *** off and researching in books and on the web. For this reason I can appreciate people who are trying to improve their car on a budget and I really love to smoke the **** out of rich kids with daddy bought and shop tuned cars. I'm also willing to teach and help others to do the same. I will give respect to the guy who lost the race to the shop-tuned car because he put his *** in to the car. That's just the way I am. If anyone on this forum needs help or has any question about anything I will try to help them or point them in the right direction if I'm not busy working on cars.

Chris
Old 12-18-2002, 06:27 PM

he worked on my car too

I guess im the shop car *****.........

Quick Reply: 13b REW powered 240sx.