General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

240 comeback to America

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:36 PM

240 comeback to America

Anyone think that seeing as how the 240's have been gaining in popularity even more since drifters hit the scene. (I loved them before I even heard about drifting) Do you think (or hope) that nissan will bring back the 240's to America. Finally giving us an an actuall S15
Old 09-20-2004, 01:01 PM

maybe
Old 09-20-2004, 01:46 PM

doubt it in the near future. though in a way it seems like the SUV isn't booming at much (probably because of gas prices)

i wonder what the new fad will be in cars, but i doubt seeing the 240 anytime soon
Old 09-20-2004, 01:48 PM

this has been discussed so many times....

and the end result is sadly alwayz no...

Drifters are like 1% of the total car buying population and then...

How many drifters do u knoe that can afford to buy a new s15 or s16...

And how many would buy a s15 or s16...u knoe if they came out with a new S series chassis the same thread is gonna be posted on every automotive from in the world "id rather buy a s13 and spend the left over 18,000 on parts and have a car that outperforms the s15/s16 in every way possible...
Old 09-20-2004, 01:51 PM

Well I don't think we would get the s15 considering they stopped production. There have been rumors of an s16 for a while now but I doubt we will see anything new from nissan considering the extreme popularity of the 350z. Nissan knows that if they released a turbo S platform car to the U.S. it would compete with their Z car offerings.

Not that I am saying I wouldn't love to see a Silvia make it over here, I just don't see it happening right now.

Come on Nissan make me eat those words!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:30 PM

Didn't know that this had been discussed before. Damn Jedi you just shot down my hopes of an s15 hitting American Market. I myself think the S15 is the most beatiful model of silvias and I would gladly spend 23,000 on it Even if it can be outperformed by a souped up S13. I would then start to modify it to smoke any S13 on the road looks wise and performance wise. BTW does anyone know an american company that imports silvias to america. Like Rexmotors imports Skylines.

Last edited by TheBull; 09-20-2004 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:37 PM

S16?

I found this pic in a forum says S16.
Has anyone else seen this?
S16
Btw can anyone translate what the pic says.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:52 PM

I don't think there is any company that legalizes silvias in america. No offense but there really is no point to bring a silvia over here. You can completely convert USDM 240's to be silvias (yeah you can even convert them to RHD).

A silvia that got shipped over would never be made street legal, I know because Jspec occasionally has true silvia's for sale in the US but they clearly state that they will not be street legal cars.

As for the S16, like I said it has been rumored, that pic fromt he other board has been around for a bit, I doubt it is true. I certainly hope the next silvia isn't that ugly.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

from what i heard and know, its fake, the lighting doesnt fit and the shadow of the wheels are off, but to answer your question, it has been discuss many times over, it aint gonna happen, as much as it sting me to say so, though there has been speculation to say IF and thats a big IF they bring the S chassis series over to america once again, it be under a whole different name...but pretty much i wouldnt hope for it.....also i wouldnt want to get a s15....unless they lesson it considerably, sadly im not made out of money, but no argueing its one sexy beast
Old 09-20-2004, 04:17 PM

Yeah but one can Always dream.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:18 PM

well at one point, nissan had the S chassis, a 200SX SE-R and 300ZX selling at the same time, no? They could do that again.... then again I guess the market has changed since then... *sigh*
Old 09-20-2004, 06:29 PM

i dont know wat nissan is thinking. i think they should bring the new s chassis (if they ever revive it) over here. who cares if it'll compete with the z33, isnt there a skyline coming to the US? wont that compete against it? and the z33 when boosted will be making so much power that it'll be at a different class/category. i really wish they would bring the S chassis over here, again if they revive it.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:04 PM

i heawrd the skyline will be here in 2007, it might be a cool car, but i think it'll look bad -- i don't like a lot of the newer car designs

as far as importing a silvia, i think it's the same with any car -- how much money do you have? all you have to do is get it up to US standards as far as emissions and safety, probably other things.

as far as popularity, the drifter crowd would most likely play a minimal role in it's success. i have a 240, i'm not a drifter, i think there are a lot of people who have 240s that don't drift, more than the people who do drift. it's all about what the public wants -- bigger is better
Old 09-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member

S16 would never happen, end of story. At least for now, Nissan has no plan on reviving it...espically in the US because the sales of 240's have gone down the hole after 95.

The new GT-R WILL NOT compete with the Z33, why? Because one costs 30K and the other is going to cost well over 70K(Rumor, but it wouldn't surprise me if it does). They are in totally different categories.

If I was the head of Nissan I wouldn't revive the S chassis, because they were not making much money on them since they didn't sell like hot cakes. I could be wrong on that, so please correct me if I am. It wouldn't be a economical move on their behalf.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:58 PM

HyjynX is dead on here fellas. In the US the S-chasis was never very popular and it only got worse as time went on. And I am pretty sure your right about the pricing on the new Skyline because nissan claims Porsche 911 Turbo performance benchmarks so I bet it costs a pretty penny.

What I would love to see and maybe I am crazy.... NOTE: I know this isn't gonna happen so don't flame this.... But I would love to see Nissan slightly revise and re-release the s14 platform and instead of giving us the same old tired KA's make em with the 2.0 liter SR20DE Neo VVL. And price them around 20k.

Ahh well you can't always get what you want.

Quick Reply: 240 comeback to America