General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

2F2F DVD Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:07 PM

2F2F DVD Question

Ok this has been buggin me for a little while now. After gettin a reply I'm probably gonna feel like an idiot, but I have to ask anyways. If you have the 2f2f dvd and have watched the "turbo-charged prelude" or whatever, is paul walker's first car, the red one not the skyline, a 240?
Old 10-21-2003, 02:56 AM

umm, wrong boards to mention 2fast... lol, most 'real' racers hate that movie... I'm by no means a real racer or drifter... Like the movie cause of the artistic flare on the cars (and the skyline).... but that's besides the point,

It was a Mitsubishi 3000gt. 515a I think. I used drive a stealth and knew the owner from a board (or a guy that clamed to be, and posted picks way before the prelude was mentioned)... to me that car looked ugly... to much done to the already clean body lines of the GTO...

Should've put the pitt road M kit on... so lovely... but a tuner's car not the movie's art department creation.

to much information huh?
Old 10-21-2003, 03:47 AM

I just watched it a couple days ago, and if I remember right he does have another car BEFORE the 3000GT...darn I wish I could go rent that right now...now it's gonna be bugging me
Old 10-21-2003, 06:42 AM

i just bought it 2 nights ago...i'll check for you....give me a sec..

and yeah both the movies arent the greatest piece of work and true racers who are out on the track all the time wouldnt appreciate them....but me...i'm a guy without as much money...working on my ****...i waited 6 months for the fast and the furious to come out...and the first day it was out i saw it 2 times....and a third time on a later date...i bought the dvd the first day it was out...WHY..???? because its the only movie that really has anything to do with cars. i loved gone in 60 seconds too...but fast and the furious is better...

and in my opinion the first one is better...although the second one has more of a plot...it's too computer generated..
Old 10-21-2003, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fist
i just bought it 2 nights ago...i'll check for you....give me a sec..

and yeah both the movies arent the greatest piece of work and true racers who are out on the track all the time wouldnt appreciate them....but me...i'm a guy without as much money...working on my ****...i waited 6 months for the fast and the furious to come out...and the first day it was out i saw it 2 times....and a third time on a later date...i bought the dvd the first day it was out...WHY..???? because its the only movie that really has anything to do with cars. i loved gone in 60 seconds too...but fast and the furious is better...

and in my opinion the first one is better...although the second one has more of a plot...it's too computer generated..
fnf better than gone in 60 seconds??? please clarify...
Old 10-21-2003, 06:53 AM

it is a 3000gt i'm sure of it...there was no car before it...

there was him rembering about giving the keys for his supra to DOM...that was the only other car pictured..

i tried to find some pics...these are some i came up with...hopefully they work...cuz i'm remote linking them

Old 10-21-2003, 06:53 AM
Contributing Member

Well, F&F is more about our cars, whereas 60 seconds is moreso about american muscle cars & luxury vehicles. I like looking more @ cars like those than luxury cars and mustangs, but thats just me. If nothing else, it's always a good time to make fun of them.

Dr.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:54 AM

yeah the first fast and the furious i liked better...gone in 60 seconds was awesome until fast and the furious came out..

i'm more into street tuned cars...not factory exotics..
Old 10-21-2003, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by drnovascotia
Well, F&F is more about our cars, whereas 60 seconds is moreso about american muscle cars & luxury vehicles. I like looking more @ cars like those than luxury cars and mustangs, but thats just me. If nothing else, it's always a good time to make fun of them.

Dr.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:03 AM

Aight guys thanks for setting me straight.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Contributing Member

Gone in 60 IMO is still better movie then F&F series...F&F will never be better then gone in 60.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:01 AM

gone in 60 isnt that great...

MOVIE wise...it had a better plot then both...it was all good that way...

but i can relate more to the fast and the furious series...and i just like to see OUR kinda cars goin around bein raced and stuff..
Old 10-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

ok, i can kinda see that from a content standpoint. i suppose, sad as it is to say, fnf does touch a lil closer to home as far as the cars involved (although i'd probably have better luck owning any of the cars in gone in 60 than an "$80,000 dsm" ). still, from a quality standpoint, i'd have to say that gone in 60 leaves tire tracks on fnf's back.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:19 AM

theres nothing that really blows my mind about gone in 60...

i mean...a black guy and a snake...oooo...old cars...ooo...

maybe it's because i'm 19

old cars dont really interest me...
Old 10-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fist
maybe it's because i'm 19

old cars dont really interest me...
that could be the reason. i consider myself a lover of all cars. old, new, japanese, european, and yes, even domestic (one of these days i'll learn more about aussie rides, too). i dunno, there's something about classic cars which hearken back to the early days of automotive enthusiasm that just kinda touches me. the curvy lines, swooping fenders, polished chrome (non-ricey)... things of beauty...

Quick Reply: 2F2F DVD Question