General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

90' hud cluster in 89' s13,vlsd.help.help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:24 AM

Question 90' hud cluster in 89' s13,vlsd.help.help

i'd need to figure the wiring on the digital cluster because it seems like the digital cluster has a few more wires than my regular manual one. i was wondering what wires do i use. the plugs dont fit and they are different than each other. i'm not putting in the hud system, just the cluster. i thought it would be easier but i been on it for 2 months and with all the wiring diagrams i have, i still can't figure it out. most of the colors are different from each other. help help help help help.... i also need help on my vlsd. my jdm s13/r32 axles seems like they are a little shorter and what bolts do i use for the axles on the wheels side, the big bolt because i don't have one. my original oem 240 axle seems like its not fitting, is there something i'm missing here? is there any modifications because some people says it should just bolt in. it's not lining up so do i have to stretch it a little bit? cause i dont wanna damage the axle, just wanna know first before i do it. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!! THANKS.....
Old 01-06-2005, 08:50 AM

Do you have a cluster harness?? Your posting is kind of confusing...but if you have the cluster, you also need the cluster harness to be able to connect into your car main harness....sounds like you are trying to hardwire the cluster into the harness and that's not a very good idea... It should work with the right cluster harness if you have it....

The HUD cluster uses additional wires for the HUD display module, ...something else... you know if your HUD speedo display works?? You maybe want to check that before you go thru all the hassle and end up not being able to know how fast you are going.....give us more details to help you better...

Last edited by Amolao; 01-06-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:57 AM

i have all of the plugs but, the manual speedometer has a few lesser plugs....the plugs are not the same they won't even plug in ....very similiar but not the same?????????? iam not putting the hud but the electric speedometer only ...............i know the hud has a sperate plug i'd already elimate it......i still have a few wires left on 3 plugs it self??????? i am stuck like chuck.......hopefully someone can help help helphelp.......................................... ................thanks
Old 01-06-2005, 04:03 PM

Please bro read my posting.....

I have deducted a couple of things from your comments:

You dont have the harness for the digital cluster...sounds like you are attempting to use the regular analog harness on the elctronic one....

You need the specific harness for the electronic cluster...yes analog and (HUD) electronic cluster are different..and yes I know you are trying to just use the electronic cluster without the HUD, thats fine and it works, but you need the specific harness for the electronic cluster. The analog harness will not work with the electronic cluster///hope this helps.....