General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Alarm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Unhappy Alarm!!!

Hey guys have 1995 240sx SE
I need a little help with my stock alarm the sensitivity is to high every single vibration makes the alarm to go off. Can’t sleep at night and defiantly don’t want to keep car open.
All ready had couple complains. this is BS

Does any body know how to reduce sensitivity on the stock alarm?

Thank you
Old 01-21-2007, 08:12 PM

Yeah, my alarm has gone off like 3 times for NO reason...

I can jack it up, and let it down kinda hard, no alarm

Yet it decides to go off on its own sometimes
Old 01-21-2007, 08:27 PM

Did you figure out what is the problem?
That’s what my car does.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:43 PM

sometimes if it gets crazy cold out, like it is now, the alarms seem to go off more than usual. at the car dealership i work at, the car alarms go off by themselves too sometimes.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:53 AM

Talking

Maybe it is the cold....

I love driving through town, and my exhaust, even at 15 mph, sets off people's alarms
Old 01-22-2007, 07:44 PM

im not gonna lie, that does sound like a good time.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:23 PM

Now I dont know how the factory alarms are setup in the 240s but i hope i might be able to get you in the right direction, the company I work for used to carry Code Alarm systems which they used a infrared shock sensor which would be affected greatly by weather changes due to the electromagnetic fields changing due to temperature and humidity and these weather changes also affects proximity sensors but not as much as the infrared shock sensors, so we would usually tell our customers about this so that way we can adjust the sensors in the vehicle for winter and readjust them back for the summer. When I go to work tomorrow i will call my tech support and see if they know if there is a way to adjust the sensor on your car, if I find anything out i will post it up as soon as i do. But for sure you do have the factory alarm?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by 20+PSI
Now I dont know how the factory alarms are setup in the 240s but i hope i might be able to get you in the right direction, the company I work for used to carry Code Alarm systems which they used a infrared shock sensor which would be affected greatly by weather changes due to the electromagnetic fields changing due to temperature and humidity and these weather changes also affects proximity sensors but not as much as the infrared shock sensors, so we would usually tell our customers about this so that way we can adjust the sensors in the vehicle for winter and readjust them back for the summer. When I go to work tomorrow i will call my tech support and see if they know if there is a way to adjust the sensor on your car, if I find anything out i will post it up as soon as i do. But for sure you do have the factory alarm?

120% sure Thanks allot.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 PM

Still awaiting a response from DEI for help, the tech i talked to said he will ask around and try and dig up any info on it but he said he will call me and let me know so hopefully i will here from him and he will know of a fix. Did you by chance take your underdash off and search around for the factory shock sensor? Cause today i actually worked on a maxima and installed a remote start in it and i found a factory shock sensor, the sensor was ironically labeled shock sensor and it had a nissan symbol on it aswell as a audiovox logo which there the company that started the IR shock sensor(from my understanding) and they also make Code Alarm, but on the sensor itself there was a red led and beside it there was a sensitivity adjustment on it. But search around the underdash and see what you can find also check in the rear quarter panels cause i know thats where GM puts theres in the trans ams, camaros, etc...
Old 01-25-2007, 12:13 PM

thank allot for your help kind of you
Old 01-25-2007, 06:58 PM

DEI was unable to assist me besides telling me to look around the area which the factory alarm is placed to see if the shock sensor is external and able to be adjusted. The factory alarm is located above the hood release lever and if there is an external sensor it will be placed in that general area, so i guess goodluck in looking and finding that sensor.