General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

all motor 240 with sr swap.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:41 PM

all motor 240 with sr swap.

hey, I just signed up, but on here quite often to check out everthing, its a awesome site, but its been a little sluggish lately though!

Ok, for a little background about my life! I hate fast and the furious, hate ricers (but love beating them in races), hate APC, Ebay is ok (for when I really need it, or car audio for cheap!), I'm 25 years old, I like old camero's, mustangs, datsun, etc. I hate corevettes, and porsches. Lambo's are sweet (diablo 5.0, and galardos) My dream car is a 1998 Toyota Supra pushing 1500 hp!
Ok Enough of my background!

I got my blacktop sr20det, finally. Took forever to get here on ship, I went to Japan back in December, and bought a front clip from a 94 Silvia, fairly cheap, 412,930 yen. shipped thats $3500. in US Dollars, shipping was the killer!

I would like to start building it up to make some serious power.

It will be for Drifting, dragging, and daily driving!

I am kind of stuck on my parts list below.

What do you think of it so far?
What should I add to the list?
What should I take off?

Oh what engine internal parts does NISMO make?

Money is NO problem for me, so let me know of anything on the above questions.

I have researched for 1 1/2 to 2 months to make this list, but still incomplete, so I need a little help!

I have not bought anything yet, so I can still take items off if needed.

Flame me if you want to, but I will finish my 240, no matter what, the way I want it.

What do I want my horsepower to be?
well...
205 - 300 hp @ 7-10 psi for daily driving
301 - 350 hp @ 11-15 psi for beating ricers on road
351 - 400 hp @ 16-20 psi for drag strips
401 - 500 hp @ 21-25 psi for drifting

My parts list:

Blitz Triple K Turbo kit k3 #8
Brembo Big Brake Kit front and rear
Blitz FMIC Intercooler kit
Blitz BOV
GReddy Intake Manifold
HKS Oil Cooler
SPEC Stage 5 clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
Nitto Neo Gen tires
HKS Hi Power Exhuast system
AEM Pulley Kit, water, altenator, power steering, etc.
AEM Cam Gears
TEIN Super Drift Coilover Kit
Driveshaft Shop Axles
Nismo 2-way LSD
AEM EMS (Engine Management System) (Still Not for sure, on this!)
GReddy Profec B-Spec Boost Controller
GReddy Turbo Timer
ARP Headstuds
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulators
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
AEM High Performance Fuel Filter
AEM High Volume Fuel Pump
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
1000cc Fuel Injectors
DEI CO2 system 5lb tank
DEI Intercooler Sprayer
GReddy GREX 6 speed transmission kit (f I can find it again!)

Autometer Gauges:
Boost -- 0-30 psi
Vacuum -- 30 In. Hg.
Oil Pressure -- 0-100 psi
Oil Temp -- 140-280 F.
Water Temp -- 100-260 F.
Single Channel Intake Temp (for hotpipe, before intercooler) 30-300 Deg. F
Single Channel Intake Temp (for coldpipe, after intercooler) 30-300 Deg. F
Fuel Pressure -- 0-100 psi
Air/Fuel Ratio -- Lean-Rich

If Nismo makes this stuff (Do they?), I will get them also...

Nismo Cams
Nismo Valve Springs
Nismo Valves
Nismo Valve Retainers
Nismo Lifters
Nismo Crankshaft
Nismo Pistons
Nismo Connecting Rods

After I make sure that everything is in good running order I will be installing a Garrett GT4088R Turbo . can handle 500 to 700 horses. A little over kill, but safer than sorry!

I think that is it, for now!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Contributing Member

theres always a trade with engine life and power. i think 350 hp would be an ideal balance of realistic goals and longevity. but sinc emoney is no rpoblem let me tell you this, build twoc ars. one for the tracka dn one for dd. youll be many times well off.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:21 AM

ur 25 man you should know to keep the racing on the track, I'm 17 and I know that, just let the ricers thin k they are fast, then laugh at them when they get into a wreck because they were trying to race some retard on the road.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:07 AM

z32 mafs
should also get z32 brakes 30mm calipers

Last edited by 240sxsilvia; 03-25-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Contributing Member

sounds good, a little overkill but yea, like re037 said, since money is not an issue just build this to be a track only car, and if you really like 240s, build another one with around 320HP for the street.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:59 PM

I was thinking about doing 2 cars, but I want to have just one to keep up maintance on.

Plus I can have just one car on insurance, I have full coverage, and my Ins. company said that they would insure everything on my car, for up to $50,000. and nothing after. But my monthly payment would be around $500., so having 2 on the insurance, would be over kill
Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 AM

Honestly, I think you are full of ****. If you have that much money, take your car and all your parts, and have a performance shop do the work for you. And you're an idiot if you would pay $500 a month for car insurance. My Saleen is insured to the hilt with full coverage, as well as a liability on the Honda CRX, full on my 240, and liability on my Coupe Stang, and its no where even close to that price. And I live in Kentucky where insurance rates are insane, due to the fact that companies constantly pull out of the state for the # of DUI's.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by Purple240
Honestly, I think you are full of ****. If you have that much money, take your car and all your parts, and have a performance shop do the work for you. And you're an idiot if you would pay $500 a month for car insurance. My Saleen is insured to the hilt with full coverage, as well as a liability on the Honda CRX, full on my 240, and liability on my Coupe Stang, and its no where even close to that price. And I live in Kentucky where insurance rates are insane, due to the fact that companies constantly pull out of the state for the # of DUI's.
if you READ, I said IT WOULD be AROUND $500. it doesn't mean that it would be that high.

but for your information, my insurance with stock car, is $200. for full coverage! I had 9 tickets last year, which RAISES insurance rate!

and you are probably getting a multi-car discount too.

Oh and another thing, I don't like taking my car to shops, I don't trust any shops around my area. Most of them can't even change a tire, no less changing a motor!

Last edited by nutty240sx; 03-27-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nutty240sx
if you READ, I said IT WOULD be AROUND $500. it doesn't mean that it would be that high.

but for your information, my insurance with stock car, is $200. for full coverage! I had 9 tickets last year, which RAISES insurance rate!

Oh and another thing, I don't like taking my car to shops, I don't trust any shops around my area. Most of them can't even change a tire, no less changing a motor!
First and foremost if money is not an issue and your dream car is a 1500hp supra, why the hell are you building this 240? Also, 9 tickets and you still have your liscense? and 25 with a no money issue? riiiight, well if its all true then goodluck to u, not trying to flame you but to come onto a board and say all that is a little farfetched
Old 03-29-2006, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by nutty240sx

Again, you are full of ****. Multi-Car discount isn't as much as you think it is.

Oh wait, hold on a sec. Need to dust myself off after falling off that truck yesterday.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:39 PM

UHHH I only pay $720 for full coverage on my 240 and my 2004 frontier V6. Insurance doesn't cost that much, unless you are notorious for wrecking cars.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:01 PM

well im a put my two cents in im 19 i have had over 40 tickets, dont have my lisence any more ive only had 3 speeding, but rest are all bull****, ive gotten in my fair share of accidents, i thnk 5 all not my fault some how, and my insurance is 200/month after a hundred doller rebate for not wreckn a car for a yr lol, and thats with nothing, just basic collision or what ever in 2003 my insurance for full coverage was 5000 a year, and i live in ny were the rates are high as well, so it is believeable that insurance does cost a pretty penny
Old 03-30-2006, 05:03 PM

oh and the money part in my lil town there are 3 kids that are between 18-22 that donot have money issues, one got 150k for an accident, another gets an annual pay from a baseball incident dealing with school for like 70k and then the other due to something with his parents when he turned 18 got a chekc for 50k so money is not always a problem some people are more lucky then others
Old 03-30-2006, 06:40 PM

you obviously have no idea about what parts are necessary and what is junk. i'll try to steer you towards the right way.

ditch all the nismo stuff. nismos r&d for the 240sx isn't all that great. mostly just slightly better than oem parts. for example nismo "big brake kit" = ordinary q45 calipers.

such a high performance car but using junky tires like nitto... the brembo brakes wont do crap with ****ty tires like that. if on budget atleast kumho mx, falken rt615 or hankook z212... if not better

hks oil cooler lol. make your own kit for like 1/2 price. and you can choose your own core size and everything. btw you don't need an oil cooler until you experience overheating with nonstop driving at the track

tein makes entry level coilovers. kts pwns it at a cheaper price for budget. if you want higher end theres 1700-2k stuff any higher end theres ohlins, aragosta, quantum, moton, penske etc...

the blitz bov won't hold 20psi, spec clutches have bad rep, no to the axles highly doubt you'll break em and if you do junkyard, what you will break if you drift hard: tension rods and tie rods z32 fuel filter, your list has 2 fuel pumps?, forget the nismo lsd unless its the gt, i'd recommend a any 3" downpipe, koyo prices are ridiculously cheap for 240sx guys so i'd recommend that over fluidyne, you probably will want some thicker sway bars,

turbos are made specifically within a psi range. you shouldn't really adjust it from 7psi- say 25. it doesn't work very well like that. and i'd recommend a garrett turbo over a rebadged blitz or hks
Old 03-30-2006, 07:00 PM

btw why do you hate corvettes and porsches. those are like some of the fastest cars of the ones you listed. whether you like the design or not they perform good.

what you need to do is find a chronological order of parts you're going to get. like what to buy first. for example its not good to buy a turbo before getting a front mount, or turbo before injectors/fuel pump. btw 1000cc injectors wont be very streetable you probably want 740cc tops. and i'm pretty sure you don't want to wait for every single part before even driving the car so yeah.

if money if no problem of course it never is, and you're going all out. then this these names jun, tomei, arc, yashio, endless, ohlins, bride/recaro/sparco, ats, also if money is no problem then ditch the sr and go with an rb26/ls7/427/lt/20b/f22/2jz/titan motor you get the idea.

Quick Reply: all motor 240 with sr swap.