General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

All those in favor of Hicas, pleas raise your hand

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 11:39 PM

Question All those in favor of Hicas, pleas raise your hand

Howdy, been thinking of getting a 240 so Ive been lurking these boards for a lil while. Depending on how things go with an up comming move, job transfer, and selling my current car, I will be in the market for one. I thought I'd start keeping an eye out now, and have decided to go with a '91-'94 hatch for the DOHC and I think they are pretty easy on the eyes too.

Now, my question is, is Super Hicas something I should be lookin out for? Coupled with the VLSD, sounds like a nice option. But should I lower my standerds, pay slighty more money, drive farther, or hold out longer for it? If it came down to a clean 240 with decent miles and a 240 with Hicas that had 25k+ more miles, chiping paint, and salvage title do to interior being striped out (although now in good shape do to it being replaced), which would I be more likely to be happy with?

Your expertise and experience with/without Hicas and anyother info on the subject would be greatly appritiated. Thanks.

p.s. Ive been wandering... just how is Hicas pernounced? hick-as or hike-as.... or none of the above? just wandering.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:49 AM

i pronounce it like hicis,

anyway, i do like the VLSD part, but the whole Steering **** would Get on my nervs wile being nerve rackin wile its in action
Old 06-16-2004, 11:01 AM

once you get use to the hicas it feels awsome when you really push the car. like everyone states it makes it damn hard to drift in the car. its technically possible but there is such a fine line of controling the drift without the hicas correcting it. however if you are more a "grip" style driver when pushing your car then you will be very happy with the hicas.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

So HICAS is meant for grip driving right?
Old 06-16-2004, 01:39 PM

cool beans. Thanks for thoughts and opinions. I was just wandering if it was a MUST have or something I wouldnt even miss or notice.... kinda like a 5spd or Auto. For me, a manual is a MUST, just makes driving fun stuff. So I'll keep my eyes peeled for one and when it comes buying time and I find one then great, if not, I can still sleep easy knowing im gettin a sweet ride. Thanks again.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:26 PM

ArticDragon
that would be the best way to describe it. the reason is the rear wheels are giving you full traction and kicking the rear end into the corner. so as you accelerate through a corner it can feel like the rear end is drifting out but with traction the entire time. if you have good tires its REALLY hard to loose traction. if ya have crappy ones like me its still hard but you can manage to drift all 4 wheels but it is EXTREMELY hard.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Bob

I'll let you know when I get my car today.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:20 PM

sweet deal bob. Is this the '91 FB with 166k for 3500? Im assuming its also HICAS. Yeah, give me a right up on it after you take it out for a beating. Thanks