General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

apexi dual n1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:05 AM

apexi dual n1 exhaust

hey, im considering buying the apexi dual n1 catback exhaust and just had some questions. Ive been hearing that this particular exhaust is really loud and that not really wat im looking for. Can anyone clarify this for me. Also, do you guys reccomend any other catback exhaust systems from apexi that are on the quiet side. Thanks. Also if anyone is around huntington beach and has this exhaust it would be great if i could take a listen to it.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:08 AM

If you get 3in it will be pretty loud due to the size of the piping, especially if your N/A (dunno if you are or not). I've also heard stories of the N1 dual rusting and getting ruined pretty quickly.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:18 AM

Whats up dude. I live in Newport Beach, I'll get a soundclip up if you'd like. Its a great exhaust I've had it for a few months now, no problems, and honestly its not really that loud at all. PM me if you want to take a look at it and stuff. But my dual is messed up from an accident a friend of mine had while driving in my car. I'm putting on a new exhaust this weekend and if you want I can sell you my used dual, had it on for maybe 2,000 miles at the most. I'll prolly sell it for like $150 cause of the damage, but for a couple benjamen's you can have ur local muffler shop fix it right up for ya and have spent way less money than on a new one. Not to mention save like at least a hundred dollars on shipping, since you live so close to me you could just pick it up. So Let me know if you're interested.

See ya around OC. And like i said, PM me if you want some sounds, and go to my Cardomain ( http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128045 ) To see some pics of it.

Peace

Last edited by Dj Suppai Saru; 03-15-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:18 PM

wooooo sweet, thanks!! But im gunna see if i can pick one up this weekend at the apexi sale they are having at the warehouse. I think i might have you take you up on that offer about checking it out though. Ill hit you up a little bit later if thats cool.

Thanks, you guys are so generous!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member

I have an actual apexi dual unit (the poster above might have ssac knock off) I have to say this is one of the loudest exhs ive ever heard. I like it just because it is so deep and rumbles/pops so much. I have no problems with rusting and mine has been around the block quite a few times. I am also running a 3" test pipe but without it it will still be rather loud.

i will try and get a clip for ya
Old 03-15-2006, 03:51 PM

^^^ NO I dont have a knock off apexi on my baby. I thought it was pretty loud at first, but maybe I've just gotten too used to it. Also, considering Its the only exhaust mod I have, no intake, headers, test pipe, or down pipe, I probably arent getting too much flow right now , The new exhaust I'm putting on is just ridiculous: Apexi N1 ExTi Titanium. I got a good deal on it, but I didnt realize just how big it really is. the pipe is like 3.25" ! This thing will pretty much top any other exhaust as far as sound, which isnt really a good thing, but Im planning on putting a resonator and a silencer on it till I go turbo.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:53 PM

im thinking about getting the n1 dual too. so if anyone wants to put up a sound clip that would great

right now im saving up to buy the cat back exhaust and a hotshot header to put on all at once

im hoping to maybe get around 18hp with both the header and the exhaust but im not sure what the real results would be
Old 03-15-2006, 10:20 PM

I've got the Apexi N1 dual, but i am running a turbo, so the exhaust is really quiet. Its got more of a rumble than anything *sounds really good*. Its worlds better than the usual "honda raspy fart can" sound. As for the rust problem, i have yet to experience it, and I've logged plenty of miles. I have heard that it is heavy in compairison to other units, but i dont know if there is any truth to that