General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Beat Gas Prices....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:25 AM

Beat Gas Prices....

Everyones feeling the pinch on the pocket from the gas prices... and most overlook simple solutions that add up.... got any Tips and tricks? P.S. Bush Sucks...

"Properly inflated tires will help your vehicle run more efficiently. With properly maintained tires, the average Canadian driver could save the equivalent of two weeks worth of gas every year"

This means it's gotta save us gas guzzling americans a grip! haha..

Plus properly inflated tires saves you money on Brakes, Tires, Maintenence, ETC...

So Tip 1: Properly inflated tires...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:29 AM

I have a theory but more rather a question. Since Fuel is essentially a liquid, and the liquid is weighted.. wouldn't less weight equal better gas effeciency.. so therefore filling up only half talk or less would give you more mpg? I'm not quite sure what half a talk weighs *about 7 gallons* but i'm sure it could be beneficial if you fill maybe a gallon or two at a time... again only theoretical.. and not very practical.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

yeah, also any other weight (cars batts, 12 inch subs...)

make sure your wheels are aligned too
windows up at freeways speeds
a/c off
and for you ppl with flip ups, drive during the day

i heard it was more economical to rev up quickly then go into a high gear, like 1-2-4, than your standard 1-2-3-4. is this true?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

simply Keep revs low if u can, honestly i have only had 2 full tanks of gass this year.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nsn240
boo hoo deal with it

grow up, and clue into the real would... bush has nothing to do with gas prices j*ckass... its the liberals who wont let us look for alternative places to drill and foriegn oil suppliers that affect gas
lol, hit a nerve here did we? Mileage from a half tank of gas would be negligible at best. Stop driving around w/fat chicks, may be better. Better mileage = drive slower, no way around it really. And yeah, Bush sucks but there's not much he can do about gas prices. John Kerry is an idiot too, the only idiot who could drop the ball into Bush's lap. I hate that guy and he's the senator of my own friggin' state.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
I have a theory but more rather a question. Since Fuel is essentially a liquid, and the liquid is weighted.. wouldn't less weight equal better gas effeciency.. so therefore filling up only half talk or less would give you more mpg? I'm not quite sure what half a talk weighs *about 7 gallons* but i'm sure it could be beneficial if you fill maybe a gallon or two at a time... again only theoretical.. and not very practical.
Half tank wont make a difference, youll spend more going to get the tank refilled.
when driving in highway, use a higher gear but at low rpms.

Last edited by sypher0725; 01-31-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:14 PM

just dont step on it, take the freeway if you can, instead of the streets, but dont stomp on it...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:07 PM

im not too sure if this is true or not and i didnt search about it but i heard from an old army guy (which i dont think it matters if he was in the army or not) but the guy told me when you gas during the winter you get a better deal since the molecules are condensed thus closer together and you actually get more gas than you wold if it were hot outside. i guess that would be similar to the puropse of an intercooler or NO2, to cool the air and make it more condensed.

but i was thinking about it and the tank that store the gas are usually underground and way below the permafrost line and is usually a constant temperature. so it shouldnt really affect the temperature. but then again when leaving the tank and travelling to the pump before it is put into your vehicle, im thinking then it would perhaps decrease the temperature and affect the over distance between each individual molecule..

so better to get gas in winter when it's near or below freezing than it is in the summer when it's 20 plus degrees celcius..

iono im not a physicist so someone else here may disagree with me.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:58 PM

Weird, but cool.... but it's hard to wait for winter when it's summer, haha... But that reminded me, My dad told me how to avoid gas prices in Ohio, I'm sure it works the same here.... if you buy your gas on say.... I think it was monday/thursday... maybe monday-thursday. Because the gas stations do a mini-hike for Friday/weekend [possibly monday?]

But it is a good way to save some change on the next fill up... watch the prices as you drive to / from work - you'll see them change during the more popular 'purchasing' times in that area, just avoid it :]
Old 01-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

somebody close this **** please.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Contributing Member

my bad man... i completely disagree with everything you've said politics wise, but that doesnt have **** to do with cars... so whatever, agree to disagree. not worth my or your time to b*tch about politics on the internet.

to answer the actual question :/... keep off the gas, unfortunately, there isnt a whole lot you can do about the prices, unless you go buy a hybrid or more fuel effecient car. (i did say suck it up )

placing the army in the right place, to aviod economic surges is a good idea... unless you want to pay more for gas lol. if you wanna talk politics then im me or something. also, if you read the whole post, i did say that i'm not the kind of person to brag about posts.... wtf do they matter? dont join zilvia though

Last edited by nsn240; 01-31-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member

^^^Agreed...or stop arguing...

Haha gas prices gone political....this thread isnt WHY gas prices are high (could be Bush, how the *** should I know??), its HOW to deal with them. STAY ON TOPIC NEWBS!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:27 PM

For sure, that's what im saying.. regardless of the powers that controll our lives and undeniable arguments/debates available in politics... SQUASHED... by the love of our gas-guzzing cars.

Viva America!

Sidenote:
H2's use 8mpg Highway, 4City....
Atleast my 240 can drift :P
Old 02-01-2006, 11:02 AM

Maybe I should split this thread? Keep all the posts relevant to the topic here and make a new one with the political posts in the "Off Topic" section?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:53 PM

Please do, or just delete the off topic ones

Quick Reply: Beat Gas Prices....